• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cave-Man-Art-Man-Cave
1 1

19 posts in this topic

After accumulating a plethora of Original Art and Art related items, I've reluctantly torn some funds away from art purchases and invested them into renovating the den into an area more suited to art storage, display, and enjoyment. Thanks to various forums I was able to ensure that the compartments that I'll be storing the art in are left unstained and unpainted. I'm excited for ample plugs, ample shelf space, and a broad surface with overhead lighting to look at art. Any other tips or suggestions? 

One item I'm really struggling with is a stand for large books. I need something that sets at an angle. I have one of these (https://www.assouline.com/products/a-bookstand-black?variant=8686953857115&currency=USD&mkwid=_dc&pcrid=342748903411&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsunt_cCw5wIViJOzCh0QHQl-EAQYASABEgIV8_D_BwE) and it measures 13" x 12" but I need something double that if not larger - if anyone has any leads I'd really appreciate it. 

I had considered some wide pull out drawers like what one might use to store blueprints flat, but it seemed to be too limiting and unorganized, and would also not have much utility as a built-in for any other purpose. 

Bookstand-5_2048x.jpg

1 hour ago, dichotomy said:

I need something double that if not larger

I bet you could easily get a local carpenter you duplicate that same design at a larger size.

There are a few things here-

https://www.universityproducts.com/exhibit-display/book-displays-and-supports

Good luck with the art room reno!

28 minutes ago, JadeGiant said:

Very nice - thanks for the additional shot. How close are you to filling the other walls with artwork?

Difficult decisions will have to be made....

The new set up has much less space for artwork, so I’m going to put up some larger pieces and break everything else down into portfolios. 

91654D0B-80D2-481A-B666-3B14F83CA869.jpeg

B302B9CD-A3ED-4EFD-A469-CE17DC27F84E.jpeg

AAA098D4-1C3C-4751-BBB5-557EC1D77298.jpeg

20 minutes ago, ESeffinga said:

Looking clean.

Are there windows behind those cabinets?

It’s the basement so the windows above the cabinets that you can see, and then a large window on the wide that is always shut because it faces the tv. So overall excellent for displaying artwork. 

6F457902-4E3E-4F46-8455-3F9CC3A7DA89.jpeg