• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image bleed from storage
1 1

9 posts in this topic

My copy of ghost rider number 15 volume two is in near perfect shape. Unfortunately on the back of the cover there is an imprint of another book from storage with an acid-based cardboard backer.  I don’t suppose pressing can remove this? Anyone have experience with this? Any input would be appreciated. 

50 minutes ago, Rayzor13 said:

My copy of ghost rider number 15 volume two is in near perfect shape. Unfortunately on the back of the cover there is an imprint of another book from storage with an acid-based cardboard backer.  I don’t suppose pressing can remove this? Anyone have experience with this? Any input would be appreciated. 

Picture...?

Dry cleaning may be able to lessen how visible it is but depends on whether it was absorbed deep enough into the fibers to be visible on both sides. Pressing would actually make it worse. There are solutions using other methods but I wouldn’t advise those for someone inexperienced as you can damage the book further

yup a dry clean might lessen the effect if you wanted it removed you would probably have to get into restoration techniques and get a pro to do it but if you grade it. It will probably be purple label (PLOD)