• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Flat Rate Envelopes and Paypal

5 posts in this topic

Anyone else get grief at the PO because Paypal doesn't offer legal flat rate envelope
label? I don't mind paying the extra money I would just like paypal to offer instead of
just a flat rate envelope label. 

Ive been lectured 3 or 4 times now by different post offices and they go ahead and either
ship or put $.30 on the package. Anyone else run into this issue?

32 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Anyone else get grief at the PO because Paypal doesn't offer legal flat rate envelope
label? I don't mind paying the extra money I would just like paypal to offer instead of

Ive been lectured 3 or 4 times now by different post offices and they go ahead and either

I dont know what the “legal flat rate envelope” is. Is it a Thinner envelope? Maybe just buy some forever stamps and toss one one?

38 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

My Post Office has made mention of it in the past.  Sometimes they don't care.

Technically you shouldn't be using the Flat Rate Envelope rate for Legal Flat Rate Envelope postage.  It's unfortunate that PayPal doesn't offer this as one of their options.  (My guess is that they could, but they've chosen to simplify the offerings.)

Shipping out of eBay is no problem, as they have the separate Legal sized option.  When I sell something outside of eBay and use the Legal Envelope, I usually just create my postage out of usps.com so there are no issues.