• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC labels...where are the DC labels?!
2 2

31 posts in this topic

I have to assume there would be a market for this?! Id love a Batman label! or any other of the Big 3...

Does DC not want/like them? 

Is CGC biased against DC? 

Edited by Raze

Is it at all possible that DC takes a different view of marketing and licensing than Marvel, and wasn’t able to reach a similar deal with CGC at this time?

Or is it more likely that CGC that wants to create animosity with one of the two major comic companies in existence when their existence depends largely on the success of the comic industry?

They probably either haven't begun negotiating or haven't yet been able to hammer out anything with DC. 

Or maybe they've already agreed on something but hasn't been announced yet??? Maybe working details dotting some eyes crossing T's? CGC doesn't have a bias other than to make more money. 

3 hours ago, Raze said:

Id love a Batman label! or any other of the Big 3...

How do you know you'd like the artwork they choose for the label? They could go any number of ways with what they do. Something to consider is the possibility you jump the gun on a first Batman label then they release a second one later you like better. For example they released the first spidey label then later on released a second one that was cooler. 

Edited by MGsimba77

2 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

They probably either haven't begun negotiating or haven't yet been able to hammer out anything with DC. 

Or maybe they've already agreed on something but hasn't been announced yet??? Maybe working details dotting some eyes crossing T's? CGC doesn't have a bias other than to make more money. 

How do you know you'd like the artwork they choose for the label? They could go any number of ways with what they do. Something to consider is the possibility you jump the gun on a first Batman label then they release a second one later you like better. For example they released the first spidey label then later on released a second one that was cooler. 

maybe they can just release cool labels with no books inside the holders; glad some like these but i'm happy to be out of the holdering game

Edited by paperheart

I do feel like this is a missed opportunity by DC with the celebration and honoring of years for certain characters like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. 

As stated, CGC probably hasn't begun or hasn't reached a deal with DC yet. I think a label that also honors the celebrated years would be worth getting as an alternative to just the artwork labels. 

DC has been behind Marvel in certain aspects so it may be that DC is waiting to see how the payout is for Marvel or other companies that have negotiated label artwork 

(shrug)

12 hours ago, paperheart said:

maybe they can just release cool labels with no books inside the holders; glad some like these but i'm happy to be out of the holdering game

There are "do it yourself slabs" for raws with sort of similar looking artful labels of some major characters. They're a little like top-loaders but two separate sides front/back that are joined together somehow. Its been so long since I've seen one I don't remember how. I remember they actually didn't look too bad. As tempting as it may be for them I don't think CGC goes there lol

Edited by MGsimba77

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Against who? ???

This is a case of  ME NOT choosing the correct words...sorry.

I didnt mean anything by the “ Biased“ statement, VERY poor choice in words, And my intention was to be funny which did not come off how I thought it would.

I guess ive just seen only marvel labels and walking dead labels and was wondering why there are no DC labels. And you guys are more than likely right that ethier DC and CGC hasnt come to an agreement.

Oh if there isnt one there isnt one.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 6:02 PM, Iceman399 said:

Hopefully they never do DC labels the sooner CGC stops selling out like a gimmick cash grab the better.

This.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:13 PM, paperheart said:

+1.  Are people really going to buy books, because of the "collectible label" rather than the book inside the case ??  Seems like a rabbit trail..... or something

30 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

It's just the opposite for me.  I won't buy a book with a collectible label.  Putting the important info on the back kills it for me.

I think you misunderstood me.  I think it is a ridiculous idea.  I completely dislike it.  But then, I also dislike multiple covers and variants :censored: