• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Skywald Magazines-Crime Machine, Hellrider, Psycho and Scream Recap Page 1
4 4

355 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, JustJimN said:

Great thread Steve!

Had a lot of fun trying to get my "takes" in early to get a few mags.

Hard to find Warrens and Skywalds in HG!

Thanks, Jim!  It seemed like a whole lot less stress than doing the 300 copy Vampirella thread. These have been fun to do because of the great guys that keep coming for them. I think you might hold the record for most books purchased through the four threads!

I’m getting the lists put together, estimating shipping, etc. should be able to pm everyone today with the information. Most have bought from me before, but for those that haven’t, I like to double box all the raw books to avoid corner dings. The goal is to get everything shipped out by Tuesday. Any questions in the meantime, just let me know. Mags are all sorted now. 

4CC4EA96-82D4-4CA7-BBFC-FE6E16538016.thumb.jpeg.15624d7d31f4281e43c7fb670141d877.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Thanks, Jim!  It seemed like a whole lot less stress than doing the 300 copy Vampirella thread. These have been fun to do because of the great guys that keep coming for them. I think you might hold the record for most books purchased through the four threads!

I was wondering where all my money went.

26 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Vampirellas  :insane:  

2 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

I’m getting the lists put together, estimating shipping, etc. should be able to pm everyone today with the information. Most have bought from me before, but for those that haven’t, I like to double box all the raw books to avoid corner dings. The goal is to get everything shipped out by Tuesday. Any questions in the meantime, just let me know. Mags are all sorted now. 

4CC4EA96-82D4-4CA7-BBFC-FE6E16538016.thumb.jpeg.15624d7d31f4281e43c7fb670141d877.jpeg

:ohnoez:wish my pile was taller, but my washer died yesterday, had to sit out On scream

Soooo.  My clearing out of all my duplicate Skywalds lasted a whopping two days.  I went to look at 800 mags on Tuesday, and ended up buying another 30 Skywald issues out of there.  Some were upgrades for my collection, but many were not.  I just finished putting them all in Mylites 2's and Fullbacks, and will add thirty books to the thread if anyone is interested.  I paid fairly dearly for some of them, but pricing will generally be in line with what I was doing.  A few big time books in the group, like high grade copies of Crime Machine 1, 2, Nightmare 20 and Psycho 1.  I just have to get them scanned at this point, so could maybe get them up on Friday night or Saturday.  Apparently, when I sell all my duplicates, the Skywald gods put more in front of me, so I would like to give it another shot!  As hard as these are to come by, I just couldn't resist.

Crime Machine 1 9.0 $150 This two issue series was a reprint anthology of '50's crime books with new covers by Tom Palmer.  The first issue has two stories by Joe Kubert.   Can you imagine the tight fit of the girl in the cake with two thugs with tommy guns? Happy birthday, Louie indeed.  Really difficult to find in grade.  The census has only two copies (1 9.0, 1 9.4) to date.  Judging by their general mag grading, this copy would put you right in the ballpark if you wanted to have it graded.  No real sales to judge by, so I've gone by my gut on the price.  SOLD TO BOUNTY_CODER

369172489_CrimeMachine19_0FC.thumb.jpg.6dbb916d66cdc11b88f6c28e37764516.jpg

1023928790_CrimeMachine19.0BC_001519.thumb.jpg.508dc980366078ec293c598ab1bcf829.jpg

Edited by Stevemmg

Crime Machine 2 9.2 $150 Tom Palmer cover here again, reprint of an early Infantino story, Angelo Torres and Doug Wildey are also contributors of note.  Again, difficult as all get out.  There is one copy on the census, a single 9.6.  If you want a nice one, grab it.  I don't know when you'll see another.  I have one more to list, but nowhere near this grade.

1393243660_CrimeMachine29.2FC_001520.thumb.jpg.ffe463a4471b84c37a35464a3dfaa4bb.jpg

1593933465_CrimeMachine29.2BC_001521.thumb.jpg.50a05e0a46c6d2231a42b431787f59d9.jpg

Edited by Stevemmg