• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Variant and/or Key info when submitting

5 posts in this topic

Hello I'd like to know if CGC provides the information that appears above their graded comics or do I need to provide it to them? Obviously they know the title, date, etc. but I mean does CGC provide the notes like "1st appearance of . . . "  or "John Byrne cover art" or "Direct Edition"

Thank You 

Edited by Collector Beast

On 2/1/2020 at 7:10 PM, Collector Beast said:

Hello I'd like to know if CGC provides the information that appears above their graded comics or do I need to provide it to them? Obviously they know the title, date, etc. but I mean does CGC provide the notes like "1st appearance of . . . "  or "John Byrne cover art" or "Direct Edition"

Thank You 

yes they put that info on the label from their database..

There is a variety of information on the label. You can see examples if you look up CGC comics on eBay. Be aware though that the information provide by CGC may NOT be the information you want to see.
1st appearances are sometimes debatable and CGC might not consider or have the information you expect to see. 

With underground comix, one of my collecting focii, the labels evolve and change over time as new information is uncovered by CGC or added by collector request. Old label books have few to no notes on them. 

Take a look at a few examples of your book on feeBay current / sold auctions... If there is something you want on the label, request it and see (they likely won't honor it but they might).