• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC collector with a few questions about some purchases and damage
3 3

153 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:
8 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Is this the type of thing that could get the OP nominated to the naughty list?  Leaving a negative after the discussion here is outrageous and worthy of scorn. 

He's paddling the douchecanoe, but I am not sure it has to be that harsh.

I dunno...this seems tailor made for the Probation List: after numerous attempts to work with the buyer, offering to take the book back, and going into detail to explain how CGC grading works, to leave negative feedback after all of this...?

I'm biased, obviously, but this sort of bad faith action seems like it's what the PL was for. Who knows how that negative will hurt me going forward?

Only left the neg after RMA added me to his blocked buyer list. I was fine to let it go....even dropped the claim on ebay...

Anyone here who thinks I am in the wrong can go ahead and add me to your blocked buyer list. I am sure if you examine the feedback I have left for other sellers you will see this is the first time in like 10 years a seller has earned a negative from me....in probably 500ish transactions....on this account

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I dunno...this seems tailor made for the Probation List: after numerous attempts to work with the buyer, offering to take the book back, and going into detail to explain how CGC grading works, to leave negative feedback after all of this...?

I'm biased, obviously, but this sort of bad faith action seems like it's what the PL was for. Who knows how that negative will hurt me going forward?

True, I had not thought of that

3 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

Only left the neg after RMA added me to his blocked buyer list. I was fine to let it go....even dropped the claim on ebay...

Anyone here who thinks I am in the wrong can go ahead and add me to your blocked buyer list. I am sure if you examine the feedback I have left for other sellers you will see this is the first time in like 10 years a seller has earned a negative from me....in probably 500ish transactions....on this account

Saving for posterity.

7 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

There are a LOT of big sellers on here that deal in CGC books that are going to be more than happy to add you to their blocked buyer list after that little move of yours.  I think you just screwed yourself far worse than you did RMA.

Anyone here who thinks I am in the wrong can go ahead and add me to your blocked buyer list. 

Done!

Edited by Domo Arigato

2 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

imo, you would have lost the claim on ebay.  If RMA calls an ebay rep he can have the neg removed (I've had it done).  I can see the rep laughing about "I only negged him after he wouldn't let me buy from him again by placing me on his blocker buyer list." 

5 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

Only left the neg after RMA added me to his blocked buyer list.

Proving the wisdom of my course of action...

I'm not sure what this buyer expected, but leaving a negative because someone put you on their blocked bidder list...when you clearly cannot come to a successful resolution...is the definition of spite. Definitely PL list behavior.

7 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

He had every right to add you to his blocked buyer list.  Your expectations were unreasonable and I don't think any seller would want a buyer with such expectations buying from them. 

11 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

BLOCKED

12 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

Please let us know of your other account so that that too can be blocked.

3 minutes ago, boatfund said:

Has anyone besides me had a buyer question why they came up blocked on one of your items on ebay? I have had it happen once. "Why am I blocked from bidding.  I have never bought anything from you?"  My response was... "I am being proactive"

Yes. I told them it was because either A. they had "bought" an item, but never paid, or B. they'd screwed someone else over.

3 minutes ago, boatfund said:

Has anyone besides me had a buyer question why they came up blocked on one of your items on ebay? I have had it happen once. "Why am I blocked from bidding.  I have never bought anything from you?"  My response was... "I am being proactive"

That makes you rare, these days most people are reactive

1 minute ago, BmoGreen said:

Again, no worries, If you can read through this post and think I am at fault and deserve to be blocked. That is fine with me. 

Yeah, us whiny jerks will do what we want, regardless of whats fine and what isn't

22 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

Anyone here who thinks I am in the wrong can go ahead and add me to your blocked buyer list.

Done and done. BLOCKED.POOF

Edited by Jeffro.

Just now, BmoGreen said:

Again, no worries, If you can read through this post and think I am at fault and deserve to be blocked. That is fine with me. 

It's not about whether or not you "deserve" to be blocked; it's basic protection. You have outed yourself as:

1. Someone who shades the truth, and even outright lies, for personal gain.

2. Someone who, with the very first slab you purchased, decided that your grading abilities trumped both a seller who has submitted thousands and thousands of books to CGC AND CGC itself.

3. Someone who, despite all efforts to patiently explain, refused to accept that your expectations were simply unrealistic, and that you had received a perfectly typical 9.8 condition book in a 9.8 slab.

4. Someone who leaves negative feedback out of spite...damaging a seller's account...because they (wisely) put you on their blocked bidder list.

It's just basic common sense. 

Just a heads up.

BmoGreen has been added to the main EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST thread as well (Link) and more discussion is taking place there.  

He's going to find out the hard way how many sellers there are on this forum.