• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC collector with a few questions about some purchases and damage
3 3

153 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Because he was under no obligation to spend more money to do what you wanted simply because you wanted it.  If something was wrong with your purchase that was RMA's fault, I can guarantee you that he would have bent over backwards to make it right for you at his expense.  No need to open a dispute....he would have simply taken care of you one hundred percent, because that's the kind of seller he is.  With many sellers on eBay, it's like pulling teeth to get them to do the right thing.

You didn't like the defect that was on your book.....even after RMA showed you that it's a pretty common defect for that grade by posting numerous example of it.  Fine.  You have a right to your opinion.......so RMA offered to take it back and give you a refund.....even though he shipped you what you had purchased.  However, he (wisely in my opinion) decided to block you from further purchases to avoid this scenario with you in the future.....which was his right.  So you left him a negative out of spite for it.  You can deny it.  But that's exactly what you did.  I know it.  You know it.  And everyone else in here knows it.  And yet, even after you left your negative, RMA has still offered to take the book back and give you a refund.  So, who do you think has the moral high ground in this situation?  Here's a hint.....it's not you.

But, whatever.  You left him a negative.  You got your bit of satisfaction now, but perhaps you should have thought that through a bit more.  You negative will fall off of his feedback page in 12 months.  You being on the EBAY: BLOCKED BIDDER list in here is forever.  That thread is not going anywhere.  And your cavalier attitude about it suggests to me that you really don't realize how many big eBay sellers there are in here and how many of them use that thread to keep from dealing with the d-bags that infest eBay.  And, as new sellers come into the market and visit this forum, they too will see that thread and who they shouldn't be dealing with.

So, the next time you find a book you really want at a price that you really like, don't be surprised when you get a message that the seller has you blocked.

I hope it was worth it.

Well, I think his cavalier attitude to being blocked is due in part to the fact he revealed that he has 2 eBay accounts, only one of which we know the name of. 

I’m sure he figured if he goes to buy something with this account and finds himself blocked he’ll just use the other account to get what he wants. 

It’s great how the anonymity of the internet emboldens some people to behave. 

38 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You really screwed yourself, here, OP.

RMA and Rich are 2 huge resources.

A little compunction would have gone a long way.

He lost lots of other resources. Most likely he wont care, as there are enough out there to fuel his addiction. 

@BmoGreen

RMA can indeed be arrogant and condescending, but that doesn't mean he's wrong in this case. It seems rather apparent that you're at fault here and inappropriately gave negative feedback. You should accept a request by RMA to change the feedback on ebay, and if you can't bring yourself to leave positive feedback despite his attempts to accommodate a return, you should at least change it to neutral.

39 minutes ago, davidtere said:

I followed this thread without leaving any comments as most of my thoughts were covered by other boardies. The one common denominator that appeared over and over again and I want to comment or add to the discussion is the utmost professionalism that was showed throughout by RMA. His patience and desire to make 'things right' absolutely stunned me. I have to applaud his ethics to set a higher bar when I know personally that I would probably have thrown my hands up in the air long before. He is the kind of eBay seller that you want to do business with and proved it. You are the man, RMA. My hat is off to you. (worship)

Thanks, david. I appreciate your kind words. :)

14 hours ago, BmoGreen said:

Only left the neg after RMA added me to his blocked buyer list. I was fine to let it go....even dropped the claim on ebay...

Anyone here who thinks I am in the wrong can go ahead and add me to your blocked buyer list. I am sure if you examine the feedback I have left for other sellers you will see this is the first time in like 10 years a seller has earned a negative from me....in probably 500ish transactions....on this account

You are a 100% nut job

15 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Was able to convince eBay to remove the negative.

lol :applause:

Make me feel slimy, because it renders the feedback system useless, but I obviously didn't think it was reasonable in this instance, especially for the reason given (blocked bidder.)

I don't think you should feel slimy at all.  You did what you were supposed to do, and bmogreena used eBay's feedback system as a retaliatory tool in order to punish a seller that did nothing wrong, which is not what it was designed for.  

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Was able to convince eBay to remove the negative. Made me feel slimy, because it renders the feedback system useless, but I obviously didn't think it was reasonable in this instance, especially for the reason given (blocked bidder.)

I hope bmogreen finds what he needs to find. The offer to accept the return will be open until Feb 28, 30 days after receipt. 

Yah, that does really negate the feedback system. You definitely earned a negative. 

I love how RMA keeps throwing this "offer" to return the book at me and everyone thinks your so great for it! It is NOT an offer, he is REQUIRED to take the book back until Feb 28. This is not professionalism, this is a requirement. Part of the "contract" made at the point of purchase.

Congrats on getting the feedback removed though I guess....you really taught me a lesson here I will now declare complete and utter defeat. See y'all when I see ya.  

19 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

Yah, that does really negate the feedback system. You definitely earned a negative. 

I love how RMA keeps throwing this "offer" to return the book at me and everyone thinks your so great for it! It is NOT an offer, he is REQUIRED to take the book back until Feb 28. This is not professionalism, this is a requirement. Part of the "contract" made at the point of purchase.

Congrats on getting the feedback removed though I guess....you really taught me a lesson here I will now declare complete and utter defeat. See y'all when I see ya.  

:facepalm:

He’s “required” to honor a return by Feb. 28th because he VOLUNTARILY set that as his return policy.  Seller’s do have the option to select No Returns Allowed.

Speaking of the “contract made at the point of purchase” that you now want to advocate:  part of that contract, as you rightly point out, is his return policy. 

That means that if you’re dissatisfied with what you purchased the contractual solution to the problem is to send the book back for a refund...NOT unilaterally concoct a convoluted  “solution” that allows you to cherry-pick via mail order on the seller’s dime while retaining the discount you originally haggled for, nor that allows you to shake the seller down for a partial refund to get you to the 30% discount you originally tried to get. 

You’ve complained that this book isn’t an actual 9.8.  You’ve whined about how much you spent on a book that you claim you’re not happy with. Yet, you keep dismissing and demeaning RMA’s return policy when “contractually” it’s the solution to the whole problem.  

19 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

Actually it doesn't negate the feedback system. 

Your actions sir are why an ebay representative can take off an undeserved negative feedback.  

Even if you never return you will never be forgotten.  Well done, very well done.

32 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

Not true at all.  You left a negative out of spite simply because he blocked you from purchasing anything else from him.  You admitted to this.  If you truly felt he deserved a negative, then common sense tells us that you wouldn't have wanted to deal with him again.  Ebay removed the negative because they could see that it wasn't left in good faith.  What you did was pathetic.

Bye, Felecia!

On 2/9/2020 at 2:09 PM, BmoGreen said:

Your image will never show the damage no matter how big we blow it up. My image will no matter how small you shrink it down.

Small.jpg.8769a8c7cc3311c36a719ed49df0be29.jpg

:applause:

when someone shows you who they are, you should be thankful

classic boards thread, noob shows up to solicit equal parts information and righteous indignation about transaction and it takes a few twists and turns until the boardie seller shows up and we get the whole Paul Harvey. And better yet, this week's featured boardie is RMA! He can surely handle himself and while sometimes longwinded he is almost always game to go and not known for shenanigans.

the ability for threads to boomerang around here is amazing! It is a unique effect of the cgc boards reality that never ceases to amaze!

Edited by Bird