• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The store has countless Stan Lee Signatures

16 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

How safe is this place for the future purchases?

Check it out here - Countless Stan Lee Signatures

Yes They have countless signatures of everything, everybody, anybody. And look at the prices! Here's why. This works sort of like GPAnalysis. It's some type of web spider for merchandise available on the net, all over the net. They compile it and offer it as their own catalog. Like when you go to a wallpaper store and they have hundreds of catalogs of wallpaper that they can order for you from someplace else. If you pay them $2000 for a framed Stan Lee, they'll buy that Stan Lee from the owner for $1000 or less. They'll fulfil the order for you. But this doesn't work the way ebay does, with sellers who have merchandise on hand and ready to ship. They're selling other seller's merch. You pay them and they'll go get it for you for half the price then ship to you upon their acquisition.

19 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes They have countless signatures of everything, everybody, anybody. And look at the prices! Here's why. This works sort of like GPAnalysis. It's some type of web spider for merchandise available on the net, all over the net. They compile it and offer it as their own catalog. Like when you go to a wallpaper store and they have hundreds of catalogs of wallpaper that they can order for you from someplace else. If you pay them $2000 for a framed Stan Lee, they'll buy that Stan Lee from the owner for $1000 or less. They'll fulfil the order for you. But this doesn't work the way ebay does, with sellers who have merchandise on hand and ready to ship. They're selling other seller's merch. You pay them and they'll go get it for you for half the price then ship to you upon their acquisition.

Ps is it legal to list someone else's merchandise or do they get countless permissions first??

1 minute ago, kav said:

Ps is it legal to list someone else's merchandise or do they get countless permissions first??

Aside from heisting the photograph (that probably isn't Copyrighted), I doubt if it's illegal.  Lazy and scammy for sure, but not illegal.   

I guess someone is buying from these jokers if they're still in business, seem to recall we discussed this same site a year or two ago.  

Just don't forget - you may be paying triple the ask (and who knows what multiple of the FMV), BUT "Save $20 or $40 with Code: SAVEMORE"

:banana:

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Hmmm, offering other people’s raw books too. That seems risky, for them, assuming they accept returns. They’re blindly adopting some stranger’s integrity as their own...

BBB will give them A+ rating.  That is scary for sure.

57 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

BBB will give them A+ rating.  That is scary for sure.

This is common practice on the net. It's the seller's catalog up there on the screen, with their 1000 Babe Ruth signed baseballs and 1000 Stan Lee autographs, etc., etc.,but it's really no different than when you shop on Amazon. It's Amazon's umbrella, but there's a million different sellers vending under it. It's like the wallpaper store example I cited. They don't have the wallpaper inventoried that you want or saw on their website. You walk in and there's hundreds of catalogs behind the desk that they order from.

Difference here is that they generally buy it wholesale, so you only pay retail, not retail + retail.

I was looking at an item on ebay the other day that among many ebay sellers varied between $200 and $699! New, in the box. There are many times more listed on ebay than were made by at least 10 fold. Now, Knowledge is a good thing, and I know that this item can be bought from the Basil Street Gallery for about $125 shipping included. So here, you have a case where if you buy it from ebay seller AAA for say $300, they'll order it from the Basil Street Gallery for $125 and when it comes in, re-pack it and send it out to you.

This is common practice, even for custom made items. I've seen items that I know there are only a few of, because they only build it when ordered, say an item you can have made for $2000, and there are 100 sellers on the net showing this item available (in 60 to 90 days) for anywhere from $2999 to $7000!

What that site is doing, assembling a catalog of items not inventoried, isn't anything new and is common practice now.

10 hours ago, boomtown said:

Got my eyes on that CGC 9.8 Stan Lee autographed Silver Surfer #1 for $181,000.00 :insane:

Perfect example of how this works. Buy it from them for $181,000 and they'll buy it from Pristine for $99,000 or less (make offer), and then ship it to you once it comes in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-SURFER-1-CGC-9-8-SS-STAN-LEE-ORIGIN-OF-SILVER-SURFER-CGC-0351036001/312737427880?hash=item48d09a71a8:g:Pl8AAOSwVEFcCbnf  

Very risky though for the seller. Chargebacks and buyer fraud? High risk if you ask me; the risk almost equal to the potential gain. I sure wouldn't want to sell something based on speculation. Something that wasn't in my hands and ready to box up and ship once paid. Helluva' way to do business.

11 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Perfect example of how this works. Buy it from them for $181,000 and they'll buy it from Pristine for $99,000 or less (make offer), and then ship it to you once it comes in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-SURFER-1-CGC-9-8-SS-STAN-LEE-ORIGIN-OF-SILVER-SURFER-CGC-0351036001/312737427880?hash=item48d09a71a8:g:Pl8AAOSwVEFcCbnf  

Very risky though for the seller. Chargebacks and buyer fraud? High risk if you ask me; the risk almost equal to the potential gain. I sure wouldn't want to sell something based on speculation. Something that wasn't in my hands and ready to box up and ship once paid. Helluva' way to do business.

Couple miscreant buyers and theyre outta business.  Buy $99,000 comic, return german newspaper.