• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Do You Store Your Comics in Your Long/Short Boxes

4 posts in this topic

As per title, how do you guys store your books in your boxes? Do you go about it the usual way or do you alternate the cover every book to evenly distribute the weight? I ask this question because I'm a little bit pedantic about storing it the right way to avoid any damage. I've had stacking curls happen to a few books when the pile inside one of my boxes was completely slanted. I'm not sure if this would have been prevented if I had alternated every book instead of having all the books facing in one direction, but some people have sworn by this method. I'm still undecided and would like to hear your personal ways of storing books and long how you've been doing it that way, and if there's being any damage whatsoever. And while I fret over the tiny details like this I feel like the main thing to prevent storage damage is to just keep your books upright and decently spaced out inside the boxes.

Would love to hear your responses guys!

I prefer short boxes, they are easier to move around.

As for storing, I've started alternating issue, even though I hate it. I don't alternate every issue, I alternate stacks of ten or so.