• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Hulk #1 For Sale

11 posts in this topic

I have a Hulk #1 from 1962 for $9,500 (No trades). This was displayed in a frame for many years (thus the fading of the cover). The consensus grade is looking like 3.0, from CGC members in the "Can You Spare A Grade" forum below but not guaranteed it will be certified as that, so as is. Payments by personal check, money order or Paypal. I would like a local sale so the potential buyer can be given it in person instead of shipping, but I will ship Registered Mail (price will be determined by location). Please ask all questions before bidding, thanks. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/463564-hulk-1/

Hulk1F.thumb.jpg.a1e6826d2e5806c3834e58459060ad2a.jpgHulk1B.thumb.jpg.f9ada9f372f3c657bc3c04b305de94ad.jpgHulk1I.thumb.jpg.4e530c5dd0d50f22864aee1709becbd5.jpg

Edited by TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector

1 minute ago, TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector said:

I have a 1962 Hulk #1 from 1962 for $9,500 (No trades). This was displayed in a frame for many years (thus the fading of the cover). The consensus grade is looking like 3.0, from CGC members in the "Can You Spare A Grade" forum below but not guaranteed it will be certified as that, so as is. Payments by personal check, money order or Paypal. I would like a local sale so the potential buyer can be given it in person instead of shipping, but I will ship Registered Mail (price will be determined by location). Please ask all questions before bidding, thanks. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/463564-hulk-1/

Hulk1F.thumb.jpg.a1e6826d2e5806c3834e58459060ad2a.jpgHulk1B.thumb.jpg.f9ada9f372f3c657bc3c04b305de94ad.jpgHulk1I.thumb.jpg.4e530c5dd0d50f22864aee1709becbd5.jpg

Have you had someone check this for restoration?  That top edge looks iffy. 

16 hours ago, TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector said:

I have not but you are the first to inquire about it.

He probably wont be the last on a book of this magnitude.  Really nice looking book.  Looks unpressed and fade isn't too bad.  To clarify, you should state a return policy.  Me personally, I would never buy a raw book like this from a dealer that didn't have a return policy in regards to restoration.  I've been around comics for 40+ years and I still get fooled by resto...  

Too bad you won't take a trade. It would be easier to let someone else take the risk of it being restored. I have been burnt to many times with books coming back as restored. I would take the risk if a trade, but cash is hard. But it is a risk you take sometimes. Good luck with sale.

Another option is to send it in to see if it has been restored.

Edited by Stingrayiii

Hi.  I just wanted to say, actually felt compelled to note that your book looks better than a 3.0, whether or not it has been restored.  If it’s restored, it will get an apparent grade, and this books looks more structurally sound than a 3.0. Further, my understanding is that Marvel chipping is considered a manufacturing defect that will NOT necessarily reduce the grade (putting aside the extent to which it affects eye appeal and thus the price it could fetch).  I would urge you to have it slabbed by CGC if you are about to lowball yourself!  Even a half grade up (and here could be as much as 1 or 1.5!) makes a HUGE difference.  Grrr!

Edited by Pantodude

1 hour ago, Pantodude said:

Hi.  I just wanted to say, actually felt compelled to note that your book looks better than a 3.0, whether or not it has been restored.  If it’s restored, it will get an apparent grade, and this books looks more structurally sound than a 3.0. Further, my understanding is that Marvel chipping is considered a manufacturing defect that will NOT necessarily reduce the grade (putting aside the extent to which it affects eye appeal and thus the price it could fetch).  I would urge you to have it slabbed by CGC if you are about to lowball yourself!  Even a half grade up (and here could be as much as 1 or 1.5!) makes a HUGE difference.  Grrr!

Yep. Worth the effort to sending off for grading. Will save you possible headaches and maybe a lot more money...