• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite "Loved" Comic?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Very Happy/Glad to see you gave a Well Loved book a nice home, even Well Loved books need Love and Attention.

I have a lot of "Well Loved" books, when you are collecting on a budget you treasure low grade issues just because you actually have a copy and I agree 100% that those books have "class and a history" to them.

I would not know where to start with pics, too many in PR 0.5 - FR 1.0 just in Super Hero titles such as...

ASM 2, 3, 4, Avengers 2, 6, 7, 8, DD 1, 7, F.F. 2, 3, 4, JIM 84, 88, Silver Surfer 1, TTA 44, 45, X-Men 2

There are many more in the FR/GD 1.5 - GD 2.0 range.

Here are a couple...

Daredevil 1 FR 1.0.JPG

Fantastic Four 2 PR 0.5.JPG

Edited by marvelmaniac

No pics, but I still have my original copy of Uncanny 171 that I bought off the rack at my local drug store, the first comic I ever bought myself. It's probably a 6.0-7.0, like most of those first couple of years of comics I bought.

-slym

First comic I ever owned, Marvel Team-Up 117, it had been pocket rolled multiple times (Though the cover is still miraculously attached.) There is a stain of what I believe is cheeto-dust (tm) on the back and has more spine ticks than my old cat after a 3 night outdoor bender but THAT is the copy that is in the top loader displayed among my other treasures. (While my 'pretty' copy holds down its place in the stacks of my MTU collection.)

1 hour ago, Gravin said:

First comic I ever owned, Marvel Team-Up 117, it had been pocket rolled multiple times (Though the cover is still miraculously attached.) There is a stain of what I believe is cheeto-dust (tm) on the back and has more spine ticks than my old cat after a 3 night outdoor bender but THAT is the copy that is in the top loader displayed among my other treasures. (While my 'pretty' copy holds down its place in the stacks of my MTU collection.)

"cheeto-dust"...:roflmao:

22 hours ago, Montezuma said:

My first comic, it survived for years I a tree fort

5a.JPG.72497f4cf09e5d6d011ef45d12f1f800.JPG

We had a tree house in the back yard too. Had a small wooden box where we kept anything our parents objected to. Nudie mags, a small stack of ECs my uncle gave me and MAD magazines that my parents felt were “subversive”. 

When I turned 17, I moved out. My mom pitched our comic collection as well as the collections of friends in the neighborhood who parents didn’t want them having. All our toys, baseball cards and things she thought we had out grown. At the time, I was pretty much pizzed she did it without asking. Now, I am a little sick. (I grew up in the very dawn of the Marvel Age). 

When my dad sold the house, I went over and climbed up in the treehouse. Everything in the box was still there and same condition as I left it. In the basement were a few things like my Munsters lunch box with all my Monster and Mars Attacks cards and a few other things. Glad to have something left. 

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

We had a tree house in the back yard too. Had a small wooden box where we kept anything our parents objected to. Nudie mags, a small stack of ECs my uncle gave me and MAD magazines that my parents felt were “subversive”. 

When I turned 17, I moved out. My mom pitched our comic collection as well as the collections of friends in the neighborhood who parents didn’t want them having. All our toys, baseball cards and things she thought we had out grown. At the time, I was pretty much pizzed she did it without asking. Now, I am a little sick. (I grew up in the very dawn of the Marvel Age). 

When my dad sold the house, I went over and climbed up in the treehouse. Everything in the box was still there and same condition as I left it. In the basement were a few things like my Munsters lunch box with all my Monster and Mars Attacks cards and a few other things. Glad to have something left. 

Wow!  What an awesome story.

1949059819_Hulk190-a.thumb.jpg.969040ae3b3e4b33afff6ea10e851a02.jpg323741719_FF161-a.thumb.jpg.410a0b8207e7f0cf83d2a9836b54f9d6.jpg1928469442_ASM149-a.thumb.jpg.5ed3b8c5fd2146d8ee5f72ce7347138d.jpg

some of my first comics I owned -- well loved/read but all are either replaced or simply sold on ebay. I think I got three in a multi-pack (FF/IH/DD) but recall that ASM being one of my earliest reads. I had seen/read other books thanks to neighbor kids and my cousins - but these were special since you've got to start somewhere.