• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Captain Marvel Adventures 59 and General Dust Shadow question
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I have some nice books (I will post one later today) that sadly have some dust shadow. I was wondering which grade allows for that (either according to overstreet or cgc standards).

Let's take this example here, assuming the back doesn't have a worsening defect, what grade would this get and is that grade mainly due to the dust shadow?

Thanks.

captain marvel 59.jpg

22 minutes ago, flashlites said:

This is a beautiful looking golden age book!!! The amount of dust shadow is minimal but it's very dark and I believe it could keep it out of the higher grades. I would feel comfortable at a 7.5, but I would not be surprised if it came back an 8 or maybe a little higher.

The seller put it as VF. So not a big difference, but I was wondering how it would be seen when graded. Thanks for your answer.

Nice book. I'd agree with a gut feeling of 7.5/8.0 range. I do feel like (and could be misremembering?) we have occasionally seen slabbed books with heavy dust shadows that graded surprisingly high. 

6 hours ago, Point Five said:

Nice book. I'd agree with a gut feeling of 7.5/8.0 range. I do feel like (and could be misremembering?) we have occasionally seen slabbed books with heavy dust shadows that graded surprisingly high. 

Thanks, here's another book I'm not sure about, and it has a similar issue. I own this one, so I also provide a view of the back.