• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help looking for comic
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I thought I'd write here to see if anyone can help me find a certain comic since there are so many knowledgeable experts here.

I had a coverless comic as a kid but I loved the stories and want to find it again.

I think it may have been a DELL or GOLD KEY horror comic. It contained 3 stories:

A giant lizard hand creeping through the city eating people.

A spider lady that entraps its victims.

A demon horse that kills

Can anyone help in identifying the comic? Thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, APDallas said:

I thought I'd write here to see if anyone can help me find a certain comic since there are so many knowledgeable experts here.

I had a coverless comic as a kid but I loved the stories and want to find it again.

I think it may have been a DELL or GOLD KEY horror comic. It contained 3 stories:

A giant lizard hand creeping through the city eating people.

A spider lady that entraps its victims.

A demon horse that kills

Can anyone help in identifying the comic? Thanks in advance

Could be something such as Boris Karloff or Grimm's Ghost Stories.  Go to Grand Comics Data Base and try there.  If you can narrow down the year that would help.   Good luck.

9 hours ago, APDallas said:

It was GHOST STORIES #21 by Dell Comics.

dell-publishing-co-ghost-stories-issue-21.jpg

5 hours ago, shiverbones said:

I was just going to suggest that one, the hand story is a classic!

FYI, that issue (#21) is a complete reprint of issue #1 including the same cover. Not sure if you knew that since the contents are the same on both for the stories you remember.

11 hours ago, N e r V said:

FYI, that issue (#21) is a complete reprint of issue #1 including the same cover. Not sure if you knew that since the contents are the same on both for the stories you remember.

I did not know that. Issue #21 is cheaper than and issue 1 and I just wanted the story. I remember reading it as a kid and it scared the snot out of me. I had many sleepless nights thinking that a giant hand was going to reach in and grab me. This comic really had an effect on me. I look back as it being silly but I still remember it. Hard to think a comic story would have such an affect, eh?

Edited by APDallas

15 hours ago, N e r V said:

I'm always blown away when people on these forums display this level of knowledge! 

5 hours ago, APDallas said:

I did not know that. Issue #21 is cheaper than and issue 1 and I just wanted the story. I remember reading it as a kid and it scared the snot out of me. I had many sleepless nights thinking that a giant hand was going to reach in and grab me. This comic really had an effect on me. I look back as it being silly but I still remember it. Hard to think a comic story would have such an affect, eh?

It’s here too, in digital format:

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=33933