• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I CPR (crack press regrade) this Daredevil 168?
2 2

15 posts in this topic

I purchased this book already slabbed and was wondering what the issue was from stopping this book to go higher. So I got grader notes:

soiling bottom of front cover

spine stress lines

Do you guys think it's worth doing the whole CPR thing with this book?

Edited by William-James88

17 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Front looks nicer than a 9.0.

Back cover scan? 

My personal scanner is smaller than a  slab but I could only take a pic when I get home. This is the image from the seller and they had not provided the back image. The issue seems to be from that small dust shadow at the bottom of the front cover, which is noted as minor soiling in the grader notes. Not sure if that can get cleaned out or if it's what's bringing down the grade rather than the spine creases.

You'd have to see it in hand before making that judgment. :grin: And btw, if you bought it through Heritage, the likelihood is it's already been pressed.

Edited by divad

25 minutes ago, divad said:

You'd have to see it in hand before making that judgment. :grin: And btw, if you bought it through Heritage, the likelihood is it's already been pressed.

Thanks. I have it in hand, I just used their image because my scanner is too small. It looks great in hand, aside from the mentioned spine stress. That's why I thought a press would work wonders for it. Wouldn't a press have removed these spine creases?

Speaking for myself, not worth the trouble. Unless it's really scarce or high value book, I think I'd rather just buy another book in a higher grade and sell this one off to help pay for it. 

31 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

Speaking for myself, not worth the trouble. Unless it's really scarce or high value book, I think I'd rather just buy another book in a higher grade and sell this one off to help pay for it. 

.... and I have a 9.6 copy that was just listed at MYCOMICSHOP.COM if this advise is taken.

3 hours ago, William-James88 said:
3 hours ago, divad said:

You've cracked it out already?

No, not yet, was waiting for opinion of people more knowledgable in this sort of thing, such as this fine community. I will take some pics of the back later and add them in.

So . . . you don't actually have it "in hand" :baiting: If you do want to CPR, send it to joeypost - he's the best. Otherwise, the above advice is good.

2 hours ago, Deadpoolica said:

Not going to be able to fix those issues IMO, so leave it as is 

After looking at the new pix, I agree. That "spine crease"on the UBC isn't going anywhere - it's more like a cut. Nice attractive copy, nonetheless - do you really "need" a higher grade?

Edited by divad

10 minutes ago, divad said:

After looking at the new pix, I agree. That "spine crease"on the UBC isn't going anywhere - it's more like a cut. Nice attractive copy, nonetheless - do you really "need" a higher grade?

No, I dont need a higher grade. But I would want the most from my purchase so I figured I would ask.

Also, I thought in hand was referring to the slabbed comic being in my possession, sorry.