• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OCD Thread.
4 4

26 posts in this topic

I think my OCD manifests mostly in the way I level up my characters in video games.  I want them all to have (reasonably) even power levels, and be fully equipped, even if I barely use those characters.  Of course I do power up the ones I use more first.

2 hours ago, Kramerica said:

OMG, I'm terrible about centering on my books. If a book in my PC has a slope up or down and isn't nicely centered it'll bug me until I get rid of it and find another. I'll try not to look at it. Or talk to it.

lol Do you try to slip its meals under the door? And quickly while no one is looking??? (:

17 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

lol Do you try to slip its meals under the door? And quickly while no one is looking??? (:

I try. But if I go too long without feeding it I start to hear voices...calling...always calling....feed me Kramerica, feed me!

Edited by Kramerica

Two things. 
1.  When I board and bag the books They must be perfectly centered with even amounts of the white backing board showing around the edges. It’s like straightening pictures on the wall. Sometimes I’ll go through entire boxes just to make sure. 

2.  I use an inventory database software called Recollector (highly recommended), each book gets its own inventory page, and you can totally customize your own template by creating data fields for things like publisher, publication date, amount paid, seller, grade, date purchased etc etc. Anyway I have about 500 books logged. But every once in a while I’ll notice a new detail I want to list that’s not on my current template. So I am compelled to create a new field, which ripples through my entire collection, requiring me go re-examine each book. Right now it’s paper quality. So I’m in the process of going back through my entire collection to assign PQ. I already have PQ listed in a field called “Overall Description”, but the template would be so much cooler with a drop down menu with all the different PQs, giving PQ it’s own little box. It takes forever but it’s fun to go through the books. Burn out inevitably sets in but I can’t stop till it’s done.