• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Shipping Kits! For those who need instructions!
2 2

38 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, LordRahl said:

I understand that position however this is CGC we're talking about here. They have to open hundreds of packages a day. Now if it takes them 30 minutes to open each one imagine the backlog that is going to create. They are operating a business, the more efficient they are, the quicker they can service their customers and the better their margins are. You and I might open a couple of packages a week, maybe 5-10... it just doesn't scale well when you're opening hundreds a day.

I get what you're saying and that makes sense however I've opened numerous badly damaged packages from the USPS and anything I sub to CGC is typically something I plan to keep for my personal collection so I want them to get there as safely as possible.  If we could trust all the 'hands' our packages pass through along the way we could be much more flippant about packing our books.  Until then, I'm nuke-proofing every package so it is what it is, unfortunately.  The problem could also be solved by hiring more people to open said packages (and grade, pack for return shipment, etc.).  But I get what you're saying...as the over-packed books I'm sure slow down the process when it comes to opening them when they get to Sarasota.

12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not only that, but depending on price of this little outfit, maybe materials are hard to come by......

It's a stretch, but I've remembered stories of people s.hipping in food boxes like cereal boxes etc.

Surely we dont live in the stone age of shipping anymore lol

But if cgc thinks it needs addressing with the multiple of packages they receive, then ok, I just wonder what that reason is hm

You know, I'd really like to believe that people are getting smarter, and then before Xmas I got a NES classic mini shipped in a SHOE BOX with no interior packing whatsoever. 

Stupidity endures. 

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

You know, I'd really like to believe that people are getting smarter, and then before Xmas I got a NES classic mini shipped in a SHOE BOX with no interior packing whatsoever. 

Stupidity endures. 

lol Did it at least function when you plugged it in? It's a great system! I'm thinking I own all the mini's: nes, snes, sega, playstation :) 

Out of those, the NES is by far the BEST hands down! :sumo: 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol Did it at least function when you plugged it in? It's a great system! I'm thinking I own all the mini's: nes, snes, sega, playstation :) 

Out of those, the NES is by far the BEST hands down! :sumo: 

Yes, luckily it was ok! It was a present for my wife, who kept talking about how badly she wanted to play Zelda and Mario Bros 3. She was really into it for about two weeks, and I don't think she's turned it on since. So...I may end up stealing it from her!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Yes, luckily it was ok! It was a present for my wife, who kept talking about how badly she wanted to play Zelda and Mario Bros 3. She was really into it for about two weeks, and I don't think she's turned it on since. So...I may end up stealing it from her!

I remember when my sister-in-law was really into Tetris. My brother came home from work one day and he asked what was for dinner. She glanced up from the game and said she'd get started in a little while. He casually walked out to the garage, grabbed his hammer, walked back inside, and proceeded to smash the game to bits. My brother became my new hero. :)

So we are now in the label business and packaging business...does anyone know if they are still in the grading business?

How long until I can get my business cards made by CGC?  Or send my DNA to get a an ancestry profile done?  Cuz CGC could stand for Cards/Graphics Company and Cool Genealogy Company at this rate of diversification!!!

well they have to figure out what to do with all the boxes and bubble wrap they have left over from all those packages lol.. :idea:

6 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

well they have to figure out what to do with all the boxes and bubble wrap they have left over from all those packages lol.. :idea:

:idea: it's not too late to whip it, whip it good! :banana: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

21 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I thought this was a good idea lol I mean, they might make more this way than recycling :shy: 

2 minutes ago, Wipple said:

:shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

*That and the song came on the radio :headbang: 

I don't see anyone having the patience for their shipping materials to be shipped in a box to them.

The whole CGC Current TAT is based on wanting it done NOW :sumo: 

hehe :foryou: 

I would really like CGC to address its CCS business before launching any other products or services.  A 97 business-day wait for modern books to be pressed is simply atrocious, if they want any one to submit books for pressing/restoration, etc. they really need to make this business a priority. 

Edited by spreads

7 minutes ago, spreads said:

I would really like CGC to address its CCS business before launching any other products or services.  A 97 business-day wait for modern books to be pressed is simply atrocious, if they want any one to submit books for pressing/restoration, etc. they really need to make this business a priority. 

yeah, definitely seems like there should be bigger issues taking up their time right now.

2 hours ago, Krismusic said:

This is true! The idea of selling something people either already have or routinely throw away is a bit indicative of something Mr. Haney would do lol

That being said it definitely can't hurt and if it can help with TATs it's a win 🤟 

On 2/5/2020 at 7:28 PM, LordRahl said:

You guys that are mocking probably don't buy much off feebay. First there are the nitwits that just throw a bagged book in an envelope with nothing else... literally just book, polybag and envelope (as if that's gonna survive getting shipped cross country). What I think CGC likely deals with more are the over-packers. You know the ones that pack like the book is going through a war zone. They are better than the first kind but not much better. If it takes me a half hour to extricate a book from its packing without damaging the thing, you are doing it wrong. I know CGC is hoping for extra revenue here but I think they are also hoping to save themselves some hassle from people that don't know how to pack well AND efficiently.

[Hi all ... I've been inactive here on the boards for a good 10 years or so. Picking the hobby up again, and hoping to start buying from you glorious people in the marketplace again soon.]

On the topic of "nitwits" throwing a book into an envelope, I remember buying my raw, mid-grade Hulk 181 on ebay many moons ago. It was a 5.0 at best, had the MVS missing, etc., But, still a nice book, right? Seller tossed it into an empty cereal box, dumped in a handful of styrofoam peanuts, and hopped merrily off to the post office. No joke, it was in a froot loops box with nary a bag or board in sight.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:33 PM, silverage12 said:

[Hi all ... I've been inactive here on the boards for a good 10 years or so. Picking the hobby up again, and hoping to start buying from you glorious people in the marketplace again soon.]

On the topic of "nitwits" throwing a book into an envelope, I remember buying my raw, mid-grade Hulk 181 on ebay many moons ago. It was a 5.0 at best, had the MVS missing, etc., But, still a nice book, right? Seller tossed it into an empty cereal box, dumped in a handful of styrofoam peanuts, and hopped merrily off to the post office. No joke, it was in a froot loops box with nary a bag or board in sight.

:(