• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noob question about damage during shipping

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to collecting and could use some help and advice if possible.

I'm wondering if this comic was damaged during shipping. In the photo used on the add the comic looks fine. Once I had it in hand I noticed 
a thin red line at the bottom of the cover. It looks like the interior of the comic has slid a little and is now peaking out from behind the cover. I'm assuming it happened 
during shipping? There's no way it was already like that right? Can you tap the case and move the comic inside? The staples and corners look ok. The seller states he doesn't accept returns.

Is this book is still a 9.8?

Thank you.

original picture.jpg

delivered.jpg

redline.jpg

It's hard to see from your pictures. As a general response though, I've seen comics slabbed where the comic can shift inside. I've also had slabbing done where the comic is snug, but the mylar plastic inside is loose. But in either scenario, the comic should still be somewhat protected, as long as the seller shipped it with decent packaging, bubbles, cardboard backing, etc. Ultimately, if you feel the item isn't as described in the original ad (if it's off ebay), you can still request for a return/refund ... even if the seller states no return. It doesn't matter, you have Buyer's Protection. Good luck!

this it??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-VENOM-INC-ALPHA-1-CGC-9-8-Dell-Otto-1-50-Variant-Cover-/293294227843?hash=item4449b2c183%3Ag%3Asi8AAOSwfOBdsRCB&nma=true&si=Tgv1cCqRPS5mqjaD3fALIJf6cN8%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It is possible for comics to shift in the slab. There is a whole thread and discussion about SCS. This doesnt really seem to be a problem.

Bottom line, if you dont like it send it back. Just be aware you might get blocked from the seller for complaining about a non-issue.