• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea Comics

53 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Yeah, I think they know. lol

We have no idea what's going to happen, but I'm reminded how many (millions of?) people thought "another movie about Joker that's not even part of DC continuity is a bad idea".

That bad idea turned out to be... pretty big, or so I hear.  :foryou:

That staircase in the Bronx has become a tourist destination

6 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
9 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Yeah, I think they know. lol

We have no idea what's going to happen, but I'm reminded how many (millions of?) people thought "another movie about Joker that's not even part of DC continuity is a bad idea".

That bad idea turned out to be... pretty big, or so I hear.  :foryou:

That staircase in the Bronx has become a tourist destination

Yeah, I'm not saying Bad Idea Comics is anything like Joker, but it's 2020, so just doing whatever everyone else has been doing for 20 years is a good way to be completely overlooked.  Doing something ridiculous (like the Joker movie when it was just a bad idea) might be the only thing that works now.  With a million different options, good ideas are a dime a dozen and kickstarter/gofundme projects always want more than a dime.  Dinesh has definitely said "if you just want to read it, there will be lots of options" (implying that he's aware all comics are scanned and torrented immediately anyway, so you might as well just make them available for free digitally --- but that may just be my interpretation), but if you actually want to own a copy, it'll be more difficult than walking into any local comic shop anywhere and grabbing one.

Bad idea?  We'll see.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:34 PM, Second Blight said:

Bad Idea is trying to create artificial scarcity. Demand > Supply.

This is not the way to grow a business.

We don't have all of the details yet. I trust that the people involved will put out good comics, considering their track record. Considering that there are going to be people like me, who are big Valiant fans and would want more than one copy (one to read, one to save, at the very least), you probably can't go wrong with ordering your own.

18 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

Yeah but it's not Marvels fault that they wanted to reach out to the jock demographic and it failed.

They still couldn't read, that's an educational issue 

Plus, Superpro gave Rob Liefeld more design "ideas".  He didn't have enough sense to say they were "bad ideas" up front.

41 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Plus, Superpro gave Rob Liefeld more design "ideas".  He didn't have enough sense to say they were "bad ideas" up front.

Did he learn how to draw cleats?

53 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:
1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Did he learn how to draw cleats?

Nope.  He didn't make it as far as cleats, but he did perfect the "48 teeth in a hard grimace" facial expression, plus shoulder pads and unnecessary belts.

On 3/17/2020 at 8:19 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm in for Bad Idea Comics as two of my LCS are on "The Chosen" list.

My LCS won't let me set up a pull list for less than 10 comics and most mail order places have similar minimums for setting up mail order pulls. Are they going to permit the participating LCS's to buy excess copies and distribute one per customer?