• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did CGC already change the Pedigree Label ?
4 4

41 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lukesaurus said:

I was browsing the CGC website and stumbled upon the pedigree section . Pedigree books will be assigned a gold label now .

https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/pedigree/

pedigree-label.jpg

Other than the grade box on the left being too tall to counter-balance the foil seal on the right the label looks much better than earlier attempts.  That simple change would make for a more aesthetically appealing label.  

24 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Other than the grade box on the left being too tall to counter-balance the foil seal on the right the label looks much better than earlier attempts.  That simple change would make for a more aesthetically appealing label.  

Agreed - especially given that the grade isn't centred in the box. It looks a bit odd with the white space at the top.

54 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Here's a thread when CGC was looking to get feedback on the new label coloring:

I know the thread but after the initial question CGC did not provide any announcement/feedback that the label will be changed , that's why I was surprised to see the gold label .

It's a better color than the last one, but much busier than the labels that were samples in the other thread. The white space, the unbalanced sides are annoying, especially for OCD collectors;)

I wonder why people ask for opinions then change what they are doing without showing the changes and getting opinions first? When they do that, it doesn't seem that the opinions they asked for matter very much.

That's a shame since we are the audience they should be trying to reach.

I greatly prefer the black label. Gold is almost always hideous. I wish I'd have known we had the opportunity to vote. The newest version is gaudy. 

8 minutes ago, newshane said:

I greatly prefer the black label. Gold is almost always hideous. I wish I'd have known we had the opportunity to vote. The newest version is gaudy. 

Pedigree slabs still returning black label , cgc misleading. When is the gold label taking place?

Edited by kat123

37 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

They are cranking them out to use up the black labels and awaiting the rush of resubmissions for the fancy new gold ones...:devil:

Seems like people spend more time looking a the labels than the book inside...hm

Only about 1% of my collection is slabbed, I agree, people focus more on the labels instead of the book.

A crazy fact that not many seem to know is you can actually read the book, reading comics, whatever next eh! :grin:

Took the liberty of copying one of Bedrock's posts regarding a recent reholdering. 

This is the new label.  The new gold label.  Obviously it does not present exactly how it looks on the site, or even close to it for that matter.  I understand it is more of a gold/bronzish tint.  It is not the same as the previous "new" pedigree black/white label.

image.png.5c37d05c0b99ff67fe55a171520621a4.png

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

They are cranking them out to use up the black labels and awaiting the rush of resubmissions for the fancy new gold ones...:devil:

Seems like people spend more time looking a the labels than the book inside...hm

Oh my God! Your post made me realize that there are actually comic books inside of these shiny label display cases that I've been collecting. I was wondering why some labels are so much more expensive than other labels; maybe the comic books inside the label display cases have something to do with that.

54 minutes ago, Kevin.J said:

Only about 1% of my collection is slabbed, I agree, people focus more on the labels instead of the book.

A crazy fact that not many seem to know is you can actually read the book, reading comics, whatever next eh! :grin:

Only Superman can read a comic in a slab...:roflmao:

1 hour ago, Dr. Love said:

Took the liberty of copying one of Bedrock's posts regarding a recent reholdering. 

This is the new label.  The new gold label.  Obviously it does not present exactly how it looks on the site, or even close to it for that matter.  I understand it is more of a gold/bronzish tint.  It is not the same as the previous "new" pedigree black/white label.

image.png.5c37d05c0b99ff67fe55a171520621a4.png

This looks the same to me as the old "new" label...if that makes any sense...