• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did CGC already change the Pedigree Label ?
4 4

41 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Just stumbled across this...currently up as a preview for an upcoming comiclink auction...guess they're starting to trickle out. The goldish hue is a little more prevalent in this image than the previous one posted...

Label aside. The book! :luhv:

sub1.JPG.bdf9c6d30c2ada68919562e8b3b8afb5.JPG

Eldon pedigree ? as in Dedini ?

9 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Eldon pedigree ? as in Dedini ?

I had the same question, CGC says the following:

Even though it appears the Eldon collection surfaced in the late '80s, CGC did not officially recognize it as a pedigree until recently. The size of the collection is unknown, but many comics from the '40s have surfaced over the years with the name "Eldon" written on the cover in pen, either printed or in cursive. Subsequent research has revealed that his last name was Hamman, born in 1934 in Iowa, and he served in the Army during the Korean War. He passed away in 1987, likely leading to the sale of his collection. Many rare and key issues were present, including a Captain America Comics #1.

But there are also discussions on the boards that suggest otherwise:

I suppose CGC trumps any discussions, considering they issue the pedigree designations and all...although they're basically saying they don't know either. :insane:

Edited by Callaway29

I like the gold “ metallic” labels,   Simple, but with a touch of class.  Short of using actual gold foil(!) this is a simpler solution and quite effective way to stand out and signify how special pedigree copies are to the hobby.

of course If too many scans make the gold look like washed out puke green.. like the sample in this thread. well, that wouldn’t be so nice. 

8 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

I like the gold “ metallic” labels,   Simple, but with a touch of class.  Short of using actual gold foil(!) this is a simpler solution and quite effective way to stand out and signify how special pedigree copies are to the hobby.

of course If too many scans make the gold look like washed out puke green.. like the sample in this thread. well, that wouldn’t be so nice. 

I liked the metallic illusion as well, but what was produced looks like they couldn’t decide so they met somewhere in the middle between silver/gold/gray...now it’s just a muted blah... Whatever, I suppose we shouldn’t care about this anyways...biggest thing at this point is to STOP changing it. Don’t want too many variants floating around on the market...

These Label make books that were already standouts in their raw state, POP in a just as wonderful way: Now you know, scoping out wall books from a distance at a show, or browsing on line, the color of the Label tells you right off it's a book from a storied provenance.

Now you just need Superman's telescopic vision to tell which one when looking for a far or before you click on the pic if not stated in the listings text :D

On a related notes, what's going on with the Okajima Pedigree? Gang Busters sales results even on low to mid grade books on eBay recently (even on non keys) when compared to other Peds in those grades :ohnoez:

Edited by sagii

On 2/7/2020 at 12:02 PM, Dr. Love said:

Took the liberty of copying one of Bedrock's posts regarding a recent reholdering. 

This is the new label.  The new gold label.  Obviously it does not present exactly how it looks on the site, or even close to it for that matter.  I understand it is more of a gold/bronzish tint.  It is not the same as the previous "new" pedigree black/white label.

image.png.5c37d05c0b99ff67fe55a171520621a4.png

I like the label, but this book is fantastic!!!