• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Lois Lane 70
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I'm so f'ing pissed at myself.  As I was putting it back in the original bag, the vintage scotch tape caught and pulled a spot of color off Catwoman's leg.  (And I was just about to put it in a new bag and board -  but I was being such a cheapskate, "Why use a new bag?".  Before and after pics are posted.

Scan_20200207.jpg

Scan_20200207 (3).jpg

Scan_20200207 (2).jpg

IMO the color breaking spine stress areas are a little too extensive for me to put it in the 7's. Comics in this grade range are the most difficult to grade. The rest of the book is absolutely beautiful and it presents very well! If I were grading it to sell it I would give it a 6.5, but because it presents so well I would not be surprised if it came back CGC 7.0.  If you are sending it in, please let us know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing!

P.S.

I always remove any tape, old or new completely from the bag and either throw it away or stick temporally somewhere far away from the comic before I remove from its bag. (its happened to me too:pullhair:)

Your Pal,

Flashlites (thumbsu

Edited by flashlites
addition