• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your psychedelic art

21 posts in this topic

In a separate thread we are talking about an image where the artist used sparse inks to create a particular effect.  For lack of a better term, I call these type of images "psychedelic".  Here is the page I am referring to and another example.

xmen100_jpg_49622a60ef458ed2437be35479508232.jpg.b7dabee76d41e43e3c02d593068cb27d.jpganother example:

47I3r0ee_1502181011241gpadd.thumb.jpg.abf6dd1f9a46f834ebb8d591fdbdf413.jpg

So I would like to ask people to post examples where the artists used these kind of effects, at a time where one did not have digital gimmicks to help out.  I would also be interested in hearing when this type of technique was first used.  A couple of examples by N Adams and Steranko come to mind, but I wonder who used it first and whether somebody used this before them.

I have a piece that was supposed to use this effect - but it was abandoned to avoid sacrifice additional detail- but Peach Momoko is doing some awesome things with Black Light Ink!  How’s that for Psychadelic! 

C44910CC-D42B-4786-BD8B-88FBE505DCBA.jpeg

Edited by RS88