• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholdering/Regrading?

4 posts in this topic

Does a comic case need to be broken/scratched for reholdering?

For example, just to get a new label and perhaps a new description if restored and some of that is now deemed to be conservation.  (Such as an EP to an A2).

Does one risk a regrading if grading has become tighter since first submitted?

Does the fee for restored books that need a new label (due to new attitudes towards tear seals and reinforcement) increase? 

Thanks for any insights...

Hey Harry -- 

if you are just getting the book reholdered, it doesn't need to be cracked.  

If you want a different designation on the restoration, I believe you have to have the book regraded, but I could be wrong -- and if it is regraded, then yes, it could drop etc.  

I'm not sure how they could redesignate the classification without looking at the whole book again especially with restoration.  You probably could put this in the Ask CGC section too....

Hope you are doing well Harry!

Also no harm in contacting CGC customer service directly with your questions, just in case random internet strangers (accidentally or on purpose) give wrong, conflicting, misleading, outdated, or incomplete information .  They have a website and emails and phones and paid customer service employees.