• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics organizing
2 2

58 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GlennSimpson said:

I do have some stuff in a fire safe, may consider having a "not quite as hot as what is in the safe but hotter than the rest of the collection" box as well.

You may want to read up about storing comics in a safe.

Spoiler

1174902-Hulk182TopStaple.jpg.914c236d5f0

23 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I'm a huge Elvis fan.

I remember!I've spent a few nice dollars on original pressings,ten inch shellack 78's -you name it!Even have a dancing clock and one of those sixties varnished wooden jobs lol 

I'll try and get somepics sometimes,send em to you in our old pm if I can track that down!These are Swedish,1957-won them for .99 cents each in an auction(then five to ship lol )

79085642_849260128825352_48933636145152079122259_864713957281596_211981731981007

7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

All gone now, alas Oak. But I'll be making some new ones for the Charltons soon. I love tinkering with all that stuff :cloud9:

You need to start on Archie Canadian digest price variants.I can be your dealer,I mean finder...

11 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

You need to start on Archie Canadian digest price variants.I can be your dealer,I mean finder...

I've done the 15c Archies. Research I mean. Looking at the 35c giants currently. All good fun Jim. 

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Digests man,the DIGESTS!They have Canadian and pence variants!

I know Jim. Someone else has got them sewed up. I like the older stuff 

23 hours ago, lizards2 said:

In addition to labeling the boxes, you will find many titles filling partial boxes, or mixed in with other stuff.  I have been missing my main Conan 1-18 for the past 10 years because I don't know what box I put them in to fill it up.

So for me, I do label the boxes, but keep a separate, and highly recommended "BOXLORE" reminder of what short titles may be filling up boxes.

Additionally, and highly recommended, is mapping your collection.  In the example "West Right Wall", the short boxes are two boxes deep on the shelving, so I can't see the labels behind.  I have to use the map all the time to locate boxes, even those in front, as they are not in alpha order.  Note the boxes are listed in clusters of two in each column.

I am currently in the process of inventorying and bagging the last 15 -17 years of modern comics, so I feel your pain.

image.png.5d0ea8caabbdc1d0a57bcee8db12a62f.png

That's a lot of Marvel sale boxes you got there, Mike. Any chance they'll be seen on the boards? :whistle:

51 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

That's a lot of Marvel sale boxes you got there, Mike. Any chance they'll be seen on the boards? :whistle:

Yeah - that map was done years ago, so now I'm down to about 2.5 long boxes of just Marvels. 

I could probably just PM you with a private sale, as no one seems to have interest when I post them in mixed.

Most of the books have been posted before, but I do have about 50-60 new ones, that are of the more collectible bent.

I will see what I can do, as I just got done with a massive time-consuming crunch in my non-comic life, and have settled back into my inventory project.  I've also got to get some info to TOT on some DCs he wanted.

Just now, lizards2 said:

Yeah - that map was done years ago, so now I'm down to about 2.5 long boxes of just Marvels. 

I could probably just PM you with a private sale, as no one seems to have interest when I post them in mixed.

Most of the books have been posted before, but I do have about 50-60 new ones, that are of the more collectible bent.

I will see what I can do, as I just got done with a massive time-consuming crunch in my non-comic life, and have settled back into my inventory project.  I've also got to get some info to TOT on some DCs he wanted.

I remember your last SA/BA sale here, it was glorious...well for me anyway. (thumbsu

12 hours ago, Gaard said:

Dumb girls. :bigsmile:

Yeah - I grew up when She-Hulk, Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel were first coming out on the newsstands.  I bought them, and they were all terrible. 

I think John Byrne wrote a later version of She-Hulk that was quite good.  But the early wave of apologetic feminism was garbage.

Edited by lizards2

On 2/8/2020 at 10:49 PM, oakman29 said:
On 2/8/2020 at 10:10 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

boxes.PNG.ff888bf80246be5e6b45f8c220563958.PNG

I love that.

Cheers Dave - I knew it was all getting out of hand with ASM collecting when one issue filled a whole comic box... :tonofbricks:

666.PNG.2def5a38f2c44e7fc4923fa035216030.PNG