INCOMPLETE COMICS AND GRADES
1 1

7 posts in this topic

2 posts

I have a quick grading question: my most recent shipment included a 2.0 that was also marked incomplete for missing a coupon from a non-story page. I thought incomplete books were usually graded a .5. Just curious.

Edited by Comics Are Go

624 posts

A missing coupon doesn’t automatically receive a .5 

it will however receive a comment on the label if “qualified” green or “universal” blue and graded accordingly

10,357 posts

Yeah, NG/0.5 is for something that affects art/story. Qualified label will 'ignore it' - and Universal will ding it (hard).

2 posts

Thanks for the help. Another dealer said that as long as the book would be below a 7.0 without the defect, it'll get a universal label. What's the logic behind that?

2,381 posts
On 2/10/2020 at 9:25 AM, Comics Are Go said:

Another dealer said that as long as the book would be below a 7.0 without the defect, it'll get a universal label.

Incorrect.  There are literally scores of CGC-certified books with Qualified Grades less than 7.0 FN/VF.  Just take a look through the Heritage Auction Archives:facepalm:

196 posts

On a silver age major key what about a non story page missing..?  Not the whole wrap just one side of it..?  Qualified..?

3,485 posts
On 2/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, mike devon said:

On a silver age major key what about a non story page missing..?  Not the whole wrap just one side of it..?  Qualified..?

Under normal circumstances, yes.