• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE EXPENDABLES: A CHRISTMAS STORY (TBD)

7 posts in this topic

The Expendables spin-off is currently in the works and looks to bring back Jason Statham in the leading role.

Our sources have pulled back the curtain on the developing project over at Millenium Films/Nu Image and honestly we were more than surprised at the project. Apparently, the fourth installment in The Expendables series has been in active development behind the scenes for some time now.

Sylvester Stallone has never been afraid of a sequel, look no further than the Rocky and Rambo franchises. However, this time it seems that he will move to the background, as action star Jason Statham will move to centerstage, for the planned spin-off.

We have uncovered that an offer went out to director Duncan Jones near the end of 2019, however the negotiations never materialized. Where the studio went next is equally intriguing. Apparently an offer has been made to D.J. Caruso (XXX: Return of Xander Cage) to direct the Jason Statham-led spin-off tentatively titled, The Expendables: A Christmas Story, which has been written by Max Adams.

4 hours ago, Grails said:

Statham has been in one good movie. Snatch.  That’s it. 

God, I so appreciate the humor in that movie. No matter how many times I see it.

But I wouldn't forget him in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and then Ghosts of Mars. Even in The Meg he was good. So much of his other films - not so much.