• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad experience with Brett/Fantasy Comics Unlimited, book came back qualified
6 6

105 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Pokecollectoramy said:

As an update, I have called my card issuer to dispute the charge giving them the full story that was posted here. I have been given a temporary credit, and I am waiting to see what the next steps are.

Interesting 
So if they do give you all your money back what next? Do you return the book to the seller along with the $200 he gave you, and then get your trade in book back?
I imagine once the chargeback goes through officially he will be reaching out to you

On 2/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, shadroch said:

A little personal responsibility goes a long way. Was the seller wrong? Yes, but he offered a refund which was declined, and offered $200 which was accepted.

The $200 was for a detached centerfold, not a married one.

35 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

The $200 was for a detached centerfold, not a married one.

Try explaining that to the credit card company. I believe the fact he asked for and was accepted a partial refund will cause problems. Had he waited until it came back from CGC, he'd be golden.

55 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I don't think it's a brick and mortar store.  He has an Albany NY PO box.  I know the comics shops in that area.

https://www.facebook.com/fantasyunlimitedcomics/

Tx! I didn't check Facebook, but I'm surprised the FB page didn't turn up in a Google search.

I would be money they set up at Albany con.  There's one shop in Albany, and one in Schenectady.  The Albany shop (Earth world) doesn't really carry any high end comics.  The Schenectady shop (Electric City) does.  I should  have bought their GSXM #1 CGC 8.0 for $400  :cry:

@Mr. Zipper

@Spider-Variant

Do you guys know this person?

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I would be money they set up at Albany con.  There's one shop in Albany, and one in Schenectady.  The Albany shop (Earth world) doesn't really carry any high end comics.  The Schenectady shop (Electric City) does.  I should  have bought their GSXM #1 CGC 8.0 for $400  :cry:

@Mr. Zipper

@Spider-Variant

Do you guys know this person?

I do know who he is, but I do not "know" him beyond chatting with him at shows and making some modest purchases.

Brett is the dealer at the Albany shows immediately to the left when you walk into the main room. He typically has a pretty decent display with lots of slabs.

1 minute ago, Mr. Zipper said:

I do know who he is, but I do not "know" him beyond chatting with him at shows and making some modest purchases.

Brett is the dealer at the Albany shows immediately to the left when you walk into the main room. He typically has a pretty decent display with lots of slabs.

I remember the booth.  Some nice eye candy.    Thanks Steve!  

On 2/13/2020 at 3:19 PM, Number 6 said:

Without getting into a detailed pile-on, suffice to say my experience did not match the description above and I no longer buy from them. 

I need to make a clarification. 

It seems my experience was with a seller with a nearly identical name.  I missed the “Unlimited” in the name of this seller. I apologize for the confusion. 

Hope the OP can get some resolution to his situation. :wishluck:

4 minutes ago, rasita said:

Purchased a book at the Big Apple Con in December from Brett/Fantasy Comics Unlimited who had an awesome table full of GA books. I asked Brett to open the bag for the book and to thumb through the pages, which he did lightly and he confirmed it was complete. I made the purchase of Young Allies 2, with part trade and part credit card payment. When I got home I took it out and found that the centerfold was detached. I reached out to Brett via Facebook, informing him of the defect in which he offered me $200 as a refund for the obvious drop in grade. He had offered a full refund but I found the partial agreeable given what I knew and agreed as I still wanted to keep it. The next day I submitted the book to CGC and it came back qualified. The centerfold was married. I again reached out to Brett, however this time, there was really no response until he wrote this: 

Wow, Fantasy Comics Unlimited seems to have a real problem with selling Young Allies 2s with detached married centerfolds. hm