• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] LAST CALL Recap Pg. 4 with PRICE CUTS! Closing Soon! -- Saturday Night Barroom Brawl - A Golden Age/50's Herd Cull
3 3

63 posts in this topic

Okay boardies, we need a raucous hangout thread on a Saturday night, regardless of whether any of the books get taken. Speaking of the books...

The Books: I'm going to present an assortment of 24 books, none newer than '50s, only a couple post-code (but you will be glad they are here because you never see them in this shape), and certainly nothing with a cover price over 10 cents. This will NOT be a herd cull of museum-piece expensive books; its my first true GA-era cull so its the first cut. But it will include many tough, esoteric books. There will be romance/GGA, humor, Western, war, longjohns, PCH, even a Classic. Most of these I have never offered before; there will be just a few reruns that I think must have been missed in the past as I was surprised they did not go.

:rulez:

First :takeit:wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread. Many of these are tough to get comps on; if you think I am off on a book you want, reasonable PM's are welcome but I do not have room to accommodate lowballs on these; nothing was acquired on the cheap in bulk herein. 

Payment: Check or Money Order.

Shipping: $7 for as many as I can fit into a Priority Legal Envelope (usually 7-10); medium flat rate box at $14 after that.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape received, on your dime.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

All books ship with custom-cut micro chamber paper inserted front and back.

Edited by Readcomix

:news:SOLD! This next book is the final Fox Giant, Hoot Gibson's Western Round-up nn. (1950) Comps are scarce, Heritage sold two, both back in 2006. There is only one on the census, a 2.0. Calling this one VG-.

As with all Fox Giants, these are rebound remainders without covers, so some stories are incomplete as Fox used inside covers for story pages.

Besides the western material, there's Pedro and Maureen Tandem :whatthe:

Take it for $100

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

:news:SOLD! Youthful Romances #6 VG+ due to small piece missing back cover, presents fine or better from front. Only a lone 4.0 on census; that sold Oct 8 on eBay from Dolgoff at $150. I offered this once before at $125.

let's go $100 on a tough Ribage romance that will top what's on the census.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Next are some sharp, scarce Avon war books that I cannot find comps on for the most part, followed by two Atlas war that are as nice or nicer....

Hurry up!!! Im checking in between UFC bouts!!! Dont post anything during the Jon Jones fight around 11 CST 😁

Edited by Raze

27 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

This next book is the final Fox Giant, Hoot Gibson's Western Round-up nn. (1950) Comps are scarce, Heritage sold two, both back in 2006. There is only one on the census, a 2.0. Calling this one VG-.

As with all Fox Giants, these are rebound remainders without covers, so some stories are incomplete as Fox used inside covers for story pages.

Besides the western material, there's Pedro and Maureen Tandem :whatthe:

Take it for $100

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take

:news:SOLD! Okay, this one is not as nice but it's called out in the Guide for "extreme violence." -- U.S. Paratroops #5. Kinstler cover.

GVG with splits to bottom staple, inch or two at top. Staples pulled in front,,cover holding at both in back.

None on census. 

$60

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

15 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Youthful Romances #6 VG+ due to small piece missing back cover, presents fine or better from front. Only a lone 4.0 on census; that sold Oct 8 on eBay from Dolgoff at $150. I offered this once before at $125.

let's go $100 on a tough Ribage romance that will top what's on the census.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take

Just now, Readcomix said:

Okay, this one is not as nice but it's called out in the Guide for "extreme violence." -- U.S. Paratroops #5. Kinstler cover.

GVG with splits to bottom staple, inch or two at top. Staples pulled in front,,cover holding at both in back.

None on census. 

$60

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'll take it