• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] LAST CALL Recap Pg. 4 with PRICE CUTS! Closing Soon! -- Saturday Night Barroom Brawl - A Golden Age/50's Herd Cull
3 3

63 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Daily Double ^^ Fox Giant Hoot Gibson and Youthful Romances #6 go to Comcav! Thank you William! (thumbsu

that bizarre Hoot Gibson is insidiously difficult to find.  Granted, no one cares, but a challenging Fox book and most have some great Blue Beetle rebinds included.

51 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Frankenstein #13 VG

Not a classic cover from the run, but the contents are as bizarre as any. A few months back, a very comparable copy went at auction on eBay at $168. I'm going to stick with my original ask:

$125

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Realistic Romances #4 a rough copy of an awesome painted Avon cover. GVG; four on census. $50

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Take it

:news: SOLD via PM! Devil Dog Dugan #1 in FN+ There's one on the census, a 4.5. Two are on offer on eBay now, at $229 and $149. Neither looks as nice to me. Beautiful work by Joe Sinnott as a penciler, and Pete Morisi. 

WAS ($200) NOW $150 :whatthe:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Typo

I do not have a #3 to complete the run, and I'd probably keep that one anyway as its one of the most bizarre covers out there, on par with CDNP #46 and Man #1. I doubt it intends what it seems to suggest as its a Joe Sinott cover and he's one of the sweetest human beings to ever walk the earth, but it is ... Weird.

This book, if our search function is to be trusted, has only been offered once before on the boards, by @skypinkblu I'd say hers was slightly nicer, based on my memory of the pix.

Famous Funnies #8 in VG from March 1935. Beautiful Buck Rogers and Jane Arden strips, some racist caricature, Joe Palooka, Napoleon, more. A wonderful early example of our hobby's infancy.

Remember when you were a kid and some old geezer would see you reading comics and say "Hey kid, ya like funnybooks?" Well, this is exactly what he had in mind -- a true funnybook.

(WAS $250) NOW $225

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Red Ryder Comics #1 in GD-

Our most plentiful book in the census tonight with 22 universal copies....common stuff!

Delicate spine but attached at all three staples! Two center leafs are detached. Some pen coloring on cover. Overstreet 2.0 is $258.

Let's say WAS ($240) NOW $200 :whatthe:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix