• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tomb of Dracula 1
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I acquired this Tomb of Dracula 1.  Has really nice cover appeal and excellent centering.  Bottom corner has very minor wear and back shows some (light handling residue?) discoloration along parts of the edge.  I'm hoping to get this certified and would greatly appreciate your input on a grade and perhaps more impressions as to whether a pressing would help with the fingerprints if that's what they are on the back and some of the slight spine indentations (that don't appear to break color.  Thanks in advance for your help!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1605.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

s-l1604.jpg

s-l1605.jpg

s-l160.jpg

Edited by This is Who We Are

Children of the night!

Nice looking copy. Looks to be in the 8.0 to 8.5 range to me.

And what ever happened to Frank Black?

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Children of the night!

Nice looking copy. Looks to be in the 8.0 to 8.5 range to me.

And what ever happened to Frank Black?

Thanks for your input!.  Sadly, Frank's been in retirement.  Occasionally, some murmurings about a movie, but I think the world needs Frank Black now more than ever :)

5 minutes ago, This is Who We Are said:

Thanks for your input!.  Sadly, Frank's been in retirement.  Occasionally, some murmurings about a movie, but I think the world needs Frank Black now more than ever :)

It does. I loved that show. And the theme. It all seemed to end just as it was getting good didn't it....

I think it has a shot at a 9.0 maybe more. A professional cleaning may get rid  of the fingerprints on the back but I don't think a pressing would help this book. The only things holding it back are the tiny color breaking corner crease, slight edge wear and those fingerprints IMO.

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

It does. I loved that show. And the theme. It all seemed to end just as it was getting good didn't it....

Couldn't agree more!  It really felt quite original before we were bombarded with crime scene shows.  Loved the spiritual elements.  Seemed like it captured the collect anxiety of the coming millennium with such precision.  Man, I'm gonna have to go binge watch this again :).  Thanks for the nostalgia!

Edited by This is Who We Are

2 minutes ago, This is Who We Are said:

Couldn't agree more!  It really felt quite original before we were bombarded with crime scene shows.  Loved the spiritual/occult tie-ins.  Seemed like it captured the collect anxiety of the coming millennium with such precision.  Man, I'm gonna have to go binge watch this again :).  Thanks for the nostalgia!

You're welcome. My memory isn't the best, but there was something brewing towards the end...like there was something about Black that was starting to reveal itself. Something hidden and possibly dark. Which would suit given the name. Come back and let me know if I'm right post binge watch won't you...

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

You're welcome. My memory isn't the best, but there was something brewing towards the end...like there was something about Black that was starting to reveal itself. Something hidden and possibly dark. Which would suit given the name. Come back and let me know if I'm right post binge watch won't you...

You got it!  It ended all to soon and left me wanting more

6 minutes ago, flashlites said:

I think it has a shot at a 9.0 maybe more. A professional cleaning may get rid  of the fingerprints on the back but I don't think a pressing would help this book. The only things holding it back are the tiny color breaking corner crease, slight edge wear and those fingerprints IMO.

I agree this is a 9.0 , maybe even 9.2

8 minutes ago, speedcake said:

beautiful copy!  I'm going with 8.0 to 8.5.

Don't think you can clean away fingerprints, though?  hm

Thanks! The range I’m getin with feedback seems to be 8.0-9.2.  A press with the dry clean I don’t believe removes fingerprints.  Glad it’s on the back in the periphery but may give it a press to remove some slight indents and fingers crossed the process helps remove or lighten that residue