• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALE CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market...
3 3

239 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, vaillant said:
4 hours ago, lizards2 said:

:takeit: 

You’d not believe it, Liz, but I was about to page you on this one! lol
Then I seemed to recall you gave up the "fish in the face" thing but it seems I was wrong!

I actually saw it - this is one of the non-existent issues - I think this is one of about three I've ever seen.

I keep discovering new fish in the face covers to add to the list.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

I actually saw it - this is one of the non-existent issues - I think this is one of about three I've ever seen.

There some strong inherent coolness in Robot Man's flea market threads!

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wanted #51 1952 Orbit Pubs

Cool, real violent later issue of this title. Brutal Buscema cover. This one sports a classic "Dope Addict on a Holiday or Horror" story. Super violent and graphic. Whole book has a bit of a horror twinge to it. One of the best issues of this seminal crime title.

Covers are neatly split and detached along spine. Looks pretty good otherwise other than a small old grease pencil mark on cover. Paper quality is a little rough but looks good "in the bag" and can be read easily with care. These don't turn up often...

$50.

wanteddope1.jpg

wanteddope2.jpg

wanteddope3.jpg

wanteddope4.jpg

wanteddope5.jpg

:takeit:

34 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

As I said, a real cool title full of great covers. The Dizzy Dames stories sprinkled throughout are real cool too. These are the kind of books I dig out of boxes because they guide for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Sorry for the delay. My 92 year old next door neighbor got taken away in the meat wagon... Not what I expected today.

I'll try to get it rolling now.

For a minute I thought you were saying he died unexpectedly – learning new american slang by the day.
I will say a prayer for him.

Thrilling Crime Cases #46 1951 Star Pubs

Awsome, colorful LB Cole motorcycle cover!

Cover neatly detached from book. Has a neat spine split down to the top staple. A few tiny edge chips. Centerfold well attached to yellow, supple pages. Nothing to mar this beautiful cover.

Was $50.   Now $45. Killer Cole!

thrillingcrime1.jpg

thrillingcrime2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Lone Ranger #4 1948 Dell Pubs

Real nice old painted cover and a great read

Spine is rolled but a very tight, clean, complete copy otherwise. No creases, tears or missing pieces. Everything well attached to fresh pages.

$35.

loneranger4a.jpg

loneranger4b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 minutes ago, vaillant said:

Martin Luther King? That’s awesome… Thanks Robot!

Yep, the man himself. You gotta listen to old people they can teach you so much. The guy two doors down flew with Jimmy Doolittle at the onset of WWII. Wow, he's got stories!

Samson #15 1955 Ajax Pubs

From that weird tail end of the GA just before the SA. Cool, short run title.

Cover split from bottom to bottom staple. Small tear at spine in bottom spine where the ship is firing his gun. Numerous small folds, creases and tiny edge tears. Back cover has a small piece out of left edge. Cover still hanging on to book. Yellowed, supple pages.

Was $45.   Now $40.

sampson14a.jpg

sampson14b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Marvel Tales #96 1950 Marvel/Atlas Pubs

Fat 52 page issue. Real early horror issue with a cool GGA bondage, Frankenstein cover!

Looks like some glue on inside of front cover. Bottom staple neatly pulled. Has a few edge chips, tiny tears and small creases. Nothing major just general wear. First 10 or so pages have a small piece out of upper right corner. No art affected. Supple interior pages. Centerfold well attached. Man these early issues are tough and very cool.

Was $130.   Now $100!

marveltales1.jpg

marveltales2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Official Green Hornet Agent 1966 Pinback Button.

Fully lithographed tin with fantastic color and iconic design. Large 4" in diameter. Way "John Molamphy" felt he had the need to write "donated by" and the date on the back is beyond me. I'm sure this would come off if desired. I just don't like to mess with things and it doesn't affect the displayability of it.

Was $40.   Now $30.

greenhornetpin1.jpg

greenhornetpin2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Comics Digest #1 1942. Unusual 100 page digest book.Parent's Institute Pubs.

A sharp, clean, complete copy. Smooth spine with cover attached well to book and centerfold. Has a small probably light water stain in upper left corner. Has a very neat upper left spine split about 1" long. No tears or creases. Pages are yellowed but supple with no interior damage.

Was $30.   Now $25.

comicsdigest1.jpg

comicsdigest2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man