• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALE CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market...
3 3

239 posts in this topic

King Comics #75 1942 David McKay Pubs

No love for the "reprint" titles much any more.This title is an exception in my opinion. The best of them. These contain, Flash Gordon by Alex Raymond, The Phantom and Mandrake the Magician by Falk, Redmen by Jimmy Thompson, Brick Bradford and of course one of my favorites Popeye. These are great reads folks. I have a few I will post in this thread.

A real nice, fat, clean complete copy with great color. Has a couple light folds that do not break color. A small spot stain at top of cover. A very light waterspot at top of spine that goes in a couple pages. No tears or missing pieces. Smooth, tight spine. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Off white interior pages.

Was $75.   Now $60.

king75a.jpg

king75b.jpg

king75c.jpg

king75d.jpg

king75e.jpg

king75f.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Katy Keene Charm #1 1958 Archie Pubs

A well worn but bright, complete reader. Numerous small edge tears, wrinkles, creases and general wear. Light "sunshadow" around top and right edge. Back cover has a small tear in top left corner with a small piece out. Can be handled with no problem to be read and enjoyed.

Was $30.   Now $25.

katykeenechrm1.jpg

katykeenechrm2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

The Ship of Ishtar by A Merritt 1951 Avon Paperback book #324

Awsome toppless lady whipping cover version!

Right 3/8" side of front cover seems to be trimmed. Small hole in spine. otherwise, pretty nice. Has full glossy lamination and complete, tight paper spine. No creases or tears.

$20.

shipistarpb1.jpg

shipistarpb2.jpg

shipistarpb3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Wanted #51 1952 Orbit Pubs

Cool, real violent later issue of this title. Brutal Buscema cover. This one sports a classic "Dope Addict on a Holiday or Horror" story. Super violent and graphic. Whole book has a bit of a horror twinge to it. One of the best issues of this seminal crime title.

Covers are neatly split and detached along spine. Looks pretty good otherwise other than a small old grease pencil mark on cover. Paper quality is a little rough but looks good "in the bag" and can be read easily with care. These don't turn up often...

$50.

wanteddope1.jpg

wanteddope2.jpg

wanteddope3.jpg

wanteddope4.jpg

wanteddope5.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Dale Evans #3 1949 DC Publications

Nice, "grey tone" cover. Also has a fantastic Alex Toth story. I'm generally not a big fan of his but this might be starting to sway me...

A sharp, clean, bight, complete copy. Smooth, tight spine. Very lighly discolored top staple. Small pencil writing at top of cover. No missing pieces, tears or creases. Just VERY light wear. Book and centerfold very tight to covers. Very nice interior pages. A real nice example.

$90.

daleevans3a.jpg

daleevans3b.jpg

daleevans3c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Amazing Stories Pulp 1941 Annual

Huge, thick pulp! 1" thick! Has 17 complete stories. This is a scarce monster!

Lots of small edge tears, wrinkles and creases. A small amount of tape on cover. Has full paper spine and interior pages are supple with no flaking. Hard to find these annuals anymore.

$25.

amazingpulp1.jpg

amazingpulp2.jpg

amazingpulp3.jpg

:takeit:  this is awesome.  thank you

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The Ship of Ishtar by A Merritt 1951 Avon Paperback book #324

Awsome toppless lady whipping cover version!

Right 3/8" side of front cover seems to be trimmed. Small hole in spine. otherwise, pretty nice. Has full glossy lamination and complete, tight paper spine. No creases or tears.

$20.

shipistarpb1.jpg

shipistarpb2.jpg

shipistarpb3.jpg

:takeit: what a cover!

Blue Bolt V4#10 1944 Novelty Press Pubs

Cool WWII cover! If you like this genre, these are cheap ways to get some good covers...

Spine is a little rolled. A few small wrinkles/bends and a couple very tiny edge chips. No pieces missing, tears or creases. A smooth, tightly bound copy witjh nice interior paper.

Was $50.   Now $45.

blueboltv4#10a.jpg

blueboltv4#10b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, lets call it a day with a real weird item...

Genuine 1940's Jughead style beanie. Made of blue felt and looks so "Riverdale". Big enough to go on my big head. Buy it and be the hit of the next comic con you go to.

Excellent shape with no holes, tears or wear. Has a manufacture name inside but I can't read it. Original and very cool. The Archie button pinned to it is from the 1970's I believe. You can search the bay and probably pick up an original one cheap or put other pins on it.

I always buy these old beanies when they turn up at flea markets. They are so cool to display my pins on.

Was $50.   Now $40!

archiehat1.jpg

archiehat2.jpg

archiehat3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here is another in the "same vein"

Cookie #48 1948 ACG Pubs

A cool title that is also very underlooked. The ulitmate "fish in the face" cover. It also is just one of a very small handful of these that have a Morinica Dizzy Dames story. A title worth picking up for these stories and a large amount of great covers and GGA.

A tight, clean, complete copy. Has a long, thin right corner crease and tiny chip out of bottom right corner. Has two very small right side edge tears. "1954" written in ink, small at top right corner. No other tears, creases or missing pieces. Smooth spine. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Nice interior paper.

$75.

cookie1.jpg

cookie2.jpg

cookie3.jpg

:takeit: 

21 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Catman #23 1944 Et-Es Co Publications

Great Chas Quinlin WWII cover

Spine is neatly taped. A spine split a little over 2" long down from top with a tiny piece missing from top. Just a couple very tiny edge tears. No creases. Nice, off white supple interior pages. Centerfold is secure. Other than the spine problems, this presents real well with nice cover. I rarely see these anymore.

$250.

catman1.jpg

catman2.jpg

take per PM

Well, I guess no one wants to embarrass themselves at the next comic show they go to wearing a Jughead hat...:roflmao:

I took it to the flea market last time I went and this hipster cutie tried it on for me. She didn’t want to pull the trigger on it even though her shoes cost about 5 times the price.

Got another pile of weirdness coming up. Sorry no hot Marvel movie keys cheap but at least fun to pursue. Maybe some true collectors and readers will find something interesting...

05759195-C5A8-4BC3-8262-481E05F125DD.jpeg