• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALE CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market...
3 3

239 posts in this topic

King Comics #115 1945 David McKay Pubs

Strip art at it's finest. Flash Gordon by Alex Raymond, The Phantom and Mandrake the Magician by Falk, great Popeye cover and stories and other fun features.

Has some very minor spine wear. a small right edge tear and just light general wear. Book and centerfold tight to covers. nice interior paper.

Was $30.   Now $20.

king115a.jpg

king115b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

Mickey Mouse "The Sheriff of Nugget Gulch" 1938 Fast Action Book Dell Pubs

Cool book. These Fast Action books are pretty tough to find anymore. I buy them when I can find them.

A real nice, tight, complete copy. Has square, full paper spine with no rolling. Has a little "rubbing on cover in upper right corner. No creases, tears, splits or other damage. Just minor wear.

$60. (well below "book" value)

mickeyblb1.jpg

mickeyblb2.jpg

mickeyblb3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Men in Action #5 1952 Atlas Pubs

Awsome, brutal Joe Maneely black cover with blinding colors! Contents are just the same. There are Atlas war books and then there are Atlas war books. This is one of the latter. In demand issue.

Has a couple long thin "subscription" type creases down center. A small lower right corner crease and the tip of a crease in upper right corner. Complete, solid and very bright. No missing pieces, tears or splits. Cover well bound to book and centerfold. Don't mind keeping it...

Was $175.   Now $150.

meninaction1.jpg

meninaction2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Daring Adventures 3-D comic #1 1953 St. John Pubs

Cool shark cover. Nice Kubert cover and interior art from Son of Sinbad.

Has an original pair of glasses (usually missing). Bottom staple popped but cover is still bound well to interior pages and centerfold. Has some minor spine and cover edge creases. No missing pieces or tears. Supple interior paper with no damage.

$45.

daring1.jpg

daring2.jpg

daring3.jpg

:takeit:

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Showcase #28 1960 DC Pubs

2nd appearance of the Sea Devils. Incredible Russ Heath "grey tone" cover. My favorite of the 3. All Heath art inside. Every bit as good or maybe dare I say it, than a lot of his war work...

Cover is neatly split down to the top staple and also split about 2" from bottom. Cover still attached. Just a hint of corner and edge wear. Very readable and looks great in mylar.

$45.

showcase28a.jpg

showcase28b.jpg

:takeit:

52 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Well, OK then... You heard the man. Showcase #28 is up for grabs again.

Russ Heath Sea Devils....., :cloud9: 

Ozark Ike #14 1949 King Features Comic

Love this title. Full of GGA and off color jokes with usually a baseball theme.

Bright, clean and tight complete copy. Has a couple tiny right edge tears. Slightly miscut at bottom. Some light transfer staining on back cover. Small, light waterstain in the middle of Ike on front cover. Cover well bound to book and centerfold. Nice off white interior pages. No splits, pieces missing or creases.

Was $40.   Now $35.

ozarkike1.jpg

ozarkike2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Bronco Bill #13 1950 Standard Pubs

Cool, signed Alex Schomburg cover. Most of these are by him but very few are actually signed.

Book is almost detached from cover. Staples are popped. Has a couple large corner creases. There are also numerous tiny indent spots on cover. Small pencil initials on cover. Faults show up pretty well on photos. No splits, tears or pieces missing. Nice interior paper.

$25.

broncobill1.jpg

broncobill2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Ozark Ike #14 1949 King Features Comic

Love this title. Full of GGA and off color jokes with usually a baseball theme.

Bright, clean and tight complete copy. Has a couple tiny right edge tears. Slightly miscut at bottom. Some light transfer staining on back cover. Small, light waterstain in the middle of Ike on front cover. Cover well bound to book and centerfold. Nice off white interior pages. No splits, pieces missing or creases.

$40.

ozarkike1.jpg

ozarkike2.jpg

Are those some "strategically placed" pin holes in her shirt, or something else?

22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Well, I guess no one wants to embarrass themselves at the next comic show they go to wearing a Jughead hat...:roflmao:

I took it to the flea market last time I went and this hipster cutie tried it on for me. She didn’t want to pull the trigger on it even though her shoes cost about 5 times the price.

Got another pile of weirdness coming up. Sorry no hot Marvel movie keys cheap but at least fun to pursue. Maybe some true collectors and readers will find something interesting...

05759195-C5A8-4BC3-8262-481E05F125DD.jpeg

Battlefront #5 (#1) only issue 1952 Standard Pubs

Just brutal cover! Insides are equally wild. Alex Toth story

Has a light "rubbed" mark across bottom of cover right to left. Has some light corner and edge creasing and a few tiny edge tears. Neat 3/4" upper spine split. Bright, colorful, complete copy. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Off white interior pages.

Was $75.   Now $60.

battlefront1.jpg

battlefront2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man