• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALE CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market...
3 3

239 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cool, signed Alex Schomburg cover. Most of these are by him but very few are actually signed.

I personally believe the Billy West is more likely than not a Schomburg as well.  5 and 6 look more like his signed covers to 7 and 8 than Celardo's previous covers.

4 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

I personally believe the Billy West is more likely than not a Schomburg as well.  5 and 6 look more like his signed covers to 7 and 8 than Celardo's previous covers.

I would agree on Billy West but I believe most of the Bronco Bills are his work.

Dennis the Menace "Takes a poke at Poison" 1961 Consumer Safety giveaway. 16 pages printed on newsprint

Has a light crease in upper right corner that goes through whole book. Tiny1/8" tear in back cover and some light pencil writing on back cover. Both staples are tight. Paper is yellowed slightly but nice.

Was $20.   Now $15.

dennismenace1.jpg

dennismenace2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Wanted #50 1952 Orbit Pubs

Classic Buscema surealistic cover. Printed with unstable pink in. Wild, crime/horror stories. Tough end of the run issue.

Book has an overall light waterstain. Has a piece 2" x 3" out of bottom left corner. Has a small tear through book at middle spine. Numerous small edge tears, creases and small stains. Book and covers are bound well together. A somewhat affordable copy until you can save up (and find) a better one.

$100

wanted50a.jpg

wanted50b.jpg

wanted50c.jpg

wanted50d.jpg

wanted50e.jpg

wanted50f.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

3-D Dolly #1 1953 Harvey Pubs

First Ritchie Rich

A bright complete copy with one pair of un-attached original glasses. Has a little bit of a light waterstain at top of cover. Minor spine wear. A few very tiny edge tears. Some minor wrinkling. Cover well bound to book. Nice interior pages.

$40.

3ddolly1.jpg

3ddolly2.jpg

3ddolly3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Strange Fantasy #13 1954 Ajax/Farrell

Cool, pink bondage cover! Usual sick Farrell stuff including a burning at the stake story.

Book is neatly detached from covers. Has some minor spine wear and tiny edge tears. A small corner crease. Complete with no pieces missing and nice interior paper.

Was $100.   Now 85.

strangefantasy1.jpg

strangefantasy2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Planet Stories Pulp #6 Spring 1941 Friction House Pubs

Cover is neatly taped from top to bottom. Shows mostly on back cover. Has a few chips out of right side edge. Usual overhang edge tears. Has near complete paper spine although faded a bit. Solid copy with supple non-flaking interior pages.

These are still so cheap. Grab them while you can. What would a single digit Planet comic go for?

Was $85.   Now $75.

planetpulp1.jpg

planetpulp2.jpg

planetpulp3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wacky Duck #4 Winter 1946 Timely Pubs

One of my favorite funny animal covers. "infinity" cover with Wacky as a cartoon artist. The artists at Timely must have loved this one.

Single staple is neatly popped. There is an old original owner stamp on cover. Minor corner and edge wear. Small ink stain on back cover. Very bright and complete. Supple, fresh interior paper.

Was $40.   Now $35.

wackyduck1.jpg

wackyduck2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Well, the other two haven't sold so I might as well post this one.

Showcase #29 1960 DC Pubs

Another stunning Russ Heath "grey tone" cover. I talked to Russ a couple of times and he told me these were his favorite work. I tend to agree with him.

Sharp looking copy. Has very slight corner and edge wear. Very slightly discolored on back cover. No splits, tears, creases or missing pieces. Spine is smooth and tight. Clean, well bound copy with supple interior pages.

Was $85.  Now $70.

showcase29a.jpg

showcase29b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Robin from Batman 1966 Drinking Glass. 5" tall. Not to be mixed up with the larger 1976 Pepsi Glass set. There were Batman, Robin and I believe the Joker in this cool little set. A LOT harder to find than the other set.

Excellent condition with full paint and no cracks or chips!

Was $40.   Now $30.

robinglass1.jpg

robinglass2.jpg

robinglass3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

3-D Dolly #1 1953 Harvey Pubs

First Ritchie Rich

A bright complete copy with one pair of un-attached original glasses. Has a little bit of a light waterstain at top of cover. Minor spine wear. A few very tiny edge tears. Some minor wrinkling. Cover well bound to book. Nice interior pages.

$40.

3ddolly1.jpg

3ddolly2.jpg

3ddolly3.jpg

Was looking for a copy.  :takeit:

R Crumb's Head Comix 1968 Second printing Viking Press

Large, oversize "trade paperback" book. Cover to cover Crumb masterpieces. Can't show much or I'd get spanked here. I guess I gotta put in the "over 18" speil here. Don't want to get anyone upset.

A bit worn, handled by stoned hippies in the day. A couple small spine splits, A small amount of bug (or roach damage, ha ha on right side side of first page. Just a great solid reader for someone like me who loves this guy.

Was $25.   Now $20.

can be sent media mail in a plain mailer for your privacy...:roflmao:

crumbcomic1.jpg

crumbcomic2.jpg

crumbcomic3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

On 2/10/2020 at 4:25 PM, Robot Man said:

Lone Ranger #4 1948 Dell Pubs

Real nice old painted cover and a great read

Spine is rolled but a very tight, clean, complete copy otherwise. No creases, tears or missing pieces. Everything well attached to fresh pages.

$35.

loneranger4a.jpg

loneranger4b.jpg

:takeit:

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles #2 1985 2nd printing Mirage Studios

Has a couple small lower spine bends and a small bend in back cover. Flat, tight, nice copy with no noticable defects

$35.

turtlescomic1.jpg

turtlescomic3.jpg

turtlescomic2.jpg

:takeit:

Laugh #139 1962 Archie Pubs

Scarce 15 cent variant. Archie very briefly tried out the market on their titles for a month or two in 1962. There were regular 12 cent versions and a limited test market 15 cent variations. Obviously, it didn't fly. Probably only the first one I've ever had.

A nice, clean, bright complete copy. Bottom staple is popped. Tiny tip off bottom right corner. No tears, creases, splits or missing pieces. Just minor wear.

Was $45.   Now $35.

laugh1.jpg

laugh2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man