• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALE CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market...
3 3

239 posts in this topic

SOLD!

Blue Bolt V3#4 1942 Novelty Press

Beautiful and colorful WWII cover!

Back cover is missing. Front cover cleanly detached. Tiny chip out of top and a couple tiny staple tears. Flat and clean with no other tears or creases. Inside pages are lightly yellowed but real nice with no damage and supple. "looks great in a mylar"...

$35.

blueboltv2#4a.jpg

blueboltv2#4b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine 1948 Popular Library Paperback #147

The famous "nipples" cover. What would this bring if on a comic book?

Tight, clean copy. Has some minor corner wear. Tight, full paper spine. Nice, interior paper pages (as if you would even think to look at them...)

$25. (firm)

helentroypb1.jpg

helentroypb2.jpg

helentroypb3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine 1948 Popular Library Paperback #147

The famous "nipples" cover. What would this bring if on a comic book?

Tight, clean copy. Has some minor corner wear. Tight, full paper spine. Nice, interior paper pages (as if you would even think to look at them...)

$25. (firm)

helentroypb1.jpg

helentroypb2.jpg

helentroypb3.jpg

not just your price that is firm!  Well, this is just too awesome, I'll take it.

Suspense #5 1950 Atlas/Marvel Pubs

Early 52 page horror title with a great cover that looks like Maneely I believe. If I'm wrong, I'm sure I will be corrected... This is a great issue with tons of great interior art by Everett, Heath, Tuska, Krigstein and others. These early issues are great. You really got your dimes worth of nightmares. I got this MANY years ago when they were in boxes under the table or stacked on tables un-bagged at cons. Has a small pencil date and a price of $3.00 on back cover. I recently upgraded and am tempted to keep it for nostalgia reasons but I just don't need two of them...

Top staple is popped but bottom one attached. Has a little edge and corner wear. Small stain on back cover. Tiny chip out of bottom corner on back cover. No real tears or creases. Just light general wear. Slightly yellowed but fresh interior paper.

Was $125.   Now $110.

suspense5a.jpg

suspense5b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

6 minutes ago, Comcav said:

not just your price that is firm!  Well, this is just too awesome, I'll take it.

Well, since it originally cost a quarter, pretty good return on my investment doncha think?

Helen of Troy and her firm nipples go to Comcav. Thanks William, I will add to your pile!

SOLD!

How 'bout another cool sleezy girl paperback?

The Case of the Seven Sneezes by Anthony Boucher MCMXLII (1942? bad with Roman numerals) Dell Mapback #334

Hot babe rolling up her nickers with her bra showing. Apparently an in demand title.

Very minor wear. Light spine reading crease and tiny tip of upper right corner creased as well. Square, tight spine with full paper. Nice, off white interior paper. No tears or major damage and nice corners. Real nice example. Like most things, I rarely see these out in the wild anymore...

$25. (also firm, sorry)

sevensneezespb1.jpg

sevensneezespb2.jpg

sevensneezespb3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Famous Funnies #29 1936 Famous Funnies Pubs

From the dawn of comics. One of the earliest Christmas covers and nice Buck Rogers by Caulkins. And just check out that cool Daisy ad on the back cover! Very colorful!

A real rough reader... Front cover is detached. A little chipped, numerous small edge tears, creases and wear. Upper left corner rounded and chipped. Paper is actually fairly decent and can be handled carefully. Grab a cheap very early example.

Was $35.  Now $30. 1936!

famousfunnies29a.jpg

famousfunnies29b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Flying Saucers Magazine 1957 Trend Publishing

Early magazine dedicated to Flying Saucers. Lots of amazing photos. Do you believe?

Think that kid on the back got picked on for reading comics in high school? I'm sure he got the last laugh on his class mates...:roflmao:

A Tight, clean copy with full paper tight spine. Small corner off bottom right corner. A few small edge creases. Back cover has a couple small creases in upper left corner. Solid, clean copy.

Was $25. Fly it to the moon for $20.

flyingsaucersmag1.jpg

flyingsaucersmag2.jpg

flyingsaucersmag3.jpg

flyingsaucersmag4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

All Famous Crime Stories 1949 Fox Pubs Annual

Something for the kiddies to read...Wow, this one is full of sleezy women, blood, violence and mayhem as only Victor Fox could deliver. My mom would kill me if I came home with this...

A well loved but complete copy. Most of spine paper is missing. There are numerous spine tears and splits. Bottom corner is rounded a bit. Some light waterstaining on back cover. That being said, no creases or tears worth mentioning. Cover is still pretty well attached from book. Real decent interior pages. These are pretty scarce in any condition!

Was $100.   Now $85. Sick and scarce book!

allfamouscrimeannual1.jpg

allfamouscrimeannual2.jpg

allfamouscrimeannual3.jpg

allfamouscrimeannual4.jpg

allfamouscrimeannual5.jpg

allfamouscrimeannual6.jpg

allfamouscrimeannual7.jpg

allfamouscrimeannual8.jpg

allfamouscrimeannual9.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Dale Evans #5 1949 DC Pubs

Another early issue of this title. Again, I'm personally not a huge fan, but there is a beautiful Alex Toth story in this one. I read it and enjoyed it a lot.

A beautiful copy. Bright, clean, tight and complete. Smooth, tight spine. Book and centerfold snugly attached to covers. No tears, creases or splits. Very slight discoloration on staples. Just the most minute amount of general wear. Fresh interior pages. Pretty copy!

Was $60.   Now $50.

daleevans5a.jpg

daleevans5b.jpg

daleevans5c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Donald Duck Four Color #178 1947 Dell Pubs

Classic first appearance of Uncle Scrooge and cool Christmas cover!

A sharp, bright, complete copy. Has a small piece 3/4" x 1" out of lower left corner on front cover. Has a couple tiny color scrapes on cover. A neat 2" lower spine split. Small tear on back cover just above split. Small name on cover. No other tears or creases. Supple interior paper. If I didn't have a nice copy in my bound volume, this would be going no where...

$100.

dduckscrooge1.jpg

dduckscrooge2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Donald Duck Four Color #178 1947 Dell Pubs

Classic first appearance of Uncle Scrooge and cool Christmas cover!

A sharp, bright, complete copy. Has a small piece 3/4" x 1" out of lower left corner on front cover. Has a couple tiny color scrapes on cover. A neat 2" lower spine split. Small tear on back cover just above split. Small name on cover. No other tears or creases. Supple interior paper. If I didn't have a nice copy in my bound volume, this would be going no where...

$100.

dduckscrooge1.jpg

dduckscrooge2.jpg

Never owned a copy of this. :takeit:

Cool, non-comic book alert...

1940's felt kid's beanie with a dozen 1930's-1940's comic character pinback buttons. Most of these were given away inside your newspaper comic section with serial numbers. Winning numbers would be printed in the paper and redemable for prizes. As you can see, these were given away from newspapers all over the country featuring all the popular characters from the Sunday Funnies. A wonderful slice of Americana and well worthy of inclusion in your collection of comic character history. I took the pins off the hat to photo them, then replaced them on the beanie. These buttons have pretty much dried up nowdays. Again, considering that kids lost them right away, it's amazing many exist at all any more...

Was $100. cheap I think...

Cheaper at $90...

beanie1.jpg

beanie2.jpg

beanie3.jpg

beanie4.jpg

beanie5.jpg

beanie6.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Looks like that will wrap it up for me today unless I get a second wind later. Got one more batch of pretty much just comics coming up. Unless, I start selling this swill like crazy, I probably won't be digging in the boxes anymore this time but who knows...

Thanks for taking a gander...

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

How 'bout another cool sleezy girl paperback?

The Case of the Seven Sneezes by Anthony Boucher MCMXLII (1942? bad with Roman numerals) Dell Mapback #334

Hot babe rolling up her nickers with her bra showing. Apparently an in demand title.

Very minor wear. Light spine reading crease and tiny tip of upper right corner creased as well. Square, tight spine with full paper. Nice, off white interior paper. No tears or major damage and nice corners. Real nice example. Like most things, I rarely see these out in the wild anymore...

$25. (also firm, sorry)

sevensneezespb1.jpg

sevensneezespb2.jpg

sevensneezespb3.jpg

:takeit:

Just a few this morning and probably some more later this afternoon...

Racket Squad in Action #12

Classic Ditko explosion cover. Maybe my favorite of his

A really pretty copy except for one thing. Two small spine punch holes and one in the upper right corner. Probably why this is such a beautiful copy. Top staple is very neatly popped.As is bottom. Book appears still attached to covers but I don't want to open it all the way. No, splits. tears, creases or missing pieces. Has a super light "water ripple" but no stains. If you can get over the punch holes, you should love this one.

Was $75.   Now $65.

racketsquad1.jpg

racketsquad2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man