• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALE CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market...
3 3

239 posts in this topic

SOLD!

I Sell Love by Liz Crowley 1960 Monarch Books MB508

"A night by night Account of a Prostitute's life" I read it, wow, this is some wild reading...

Has a tiny tear spot at bottom of front cover and a light bend at top right corner. Looks un-read (other than by me) otherwise.

$20. (firm)

iselllove1.jpg

iselllove2.jpg

iselllove3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Crime Does Not Pay #69 Canadian Copy

Unusual, as usual cheaply printed Canada copy. Printed a little out of register on cheap paper but scarce.

Has a few small spine tears, a small spot on back cover, a few light spots on front and other just minimal wear. Tightly bound with supple interior paper.

Was $30.   Now $25.

crimedoesnotpay1.jpg

crimedoesnotpay2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Margie #36 1947 Timely/Marvel Pubs

Classic issue with maybe the first story to portray San Lee in a whole story. Margie goes to Timely to protest to Stan about her portrayal in her comic. Stan tries to make it up to her by taking the young teenage Margie to the Stock Club. Where Margie embarrases Stan by swooning over entertainment figures of the era.

I remembered getting Stan to sign a copy of this many years ago at SDCC. He was blown away as he had forgotton all about it. He was showing everybody who would listen. Really held up the line...:roflmao:

Even though, I have shown this to Bob Overstreet several times, he continues to break it out in the Guide...(shrug)

A real nice clean copy. Cover is well bound to interior. Has a small light brown spot in the bottom of the "R" in the title. VERY tiny chip out in black of her hair on right edge. No tears, splits, creases or other fault worth mentioning.

Was $225.  Now $200.

margie1.jpg

margie2.jpg

margie3.jpg

margie4.jpg

margie5.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

On 2/13/2020 at 3:06 AM, Robot Man said:

Blue Bolt V3#4 1942 Novelty Press

Beautiful and colorful WWII cover!

Back cover is missing. Front cover cleanly detached. Tiny chip out of top and a couple tiny staple tears. Flat and clean with no other tears or creases. Inside pages are lightly yellowed but real nice with no damage and supple. "looks great in a mylar"...

$35.

blueboltv2#4a.jpg

blueboltv2#4b.jpg

:takeit:

17 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I Sell Love by Liz Crowley 1960 Monarch Books MB508

"A night by night Account of a Prostitute's life" I read it, wow, this is some wild reading...

Has a tiny tear spot at bottom of front cover and a light bend at top right corner. Looks un-read (other than by me) otherwise.

$20. (firm)

iselllove1.jpg

iselllove2.jpg

iselllove3.jpg

On 2/9/2020 at 7:14 PM, Robot Man said:

Dale Evans #3 1949 DC Publications

Nice, "grey tone" cover. Also has a fantastic Alex Toth story. I'm generally not a big fan of his but this might be starting to sway me...

A sharp, clean, bight, complete copy. Smooth, tight spine. Very lighly discolored top staple. Small pencil writing at top of cover. No missing pieces, tears or creases. Just VERY light wear. Book and centerfold very tight to covers. Very nice interior pages. A real nice example.

$90.

daleevans3a.jpg

daleevans3b.jpg

daleevans3c.jpg

On 2/10/2020 at 7:24 PM, Robot Man said:

Homer Hooper #1 1953 Atlas

Cool short run GGA title!

Cover is neatly detached from book. Spine has some small tears and splits but covers are still attached to each other. Has a few small creases and tiny tears. Nice interior pages.

$25.

homerhooper1.jpg

homerhooper2.jpg

...and thirdly,

Black Cat #12 1948 Harvey Pubs

A nice, super bright copy! Book neatly detached from cover. Both staples are torn. Minor spine wear. A few tiny edge tears and just general light wear. Distributor stamp on cover for those who like them (or don't). Centerfold tightly attached. Off white interior paper.

$40.

blackcat12a.jpg

blackcat12b.jpg

Strange Adventures #114 1060 DC Pubs

Classic "Buzz Saw" cover. Great Russ Heath story. Star Hawkins begins. A book I bought off the stands as a kid and loved. The cover just grabbed me...

A nice solid copy. Has some chipping on back cover edges. No tears or creases. Just light general wear. Supple interior pages. Book and centerfold bound well to covers.

$35.

strangeadvs1.jpg

strangeadvs2.jpg

The Chinese Parrot Charlie Chan Mystery by Earl Derr Biggers 1951 Avon Pubs #344

Great GGA cover!

A bright copy with full glossy lamination and deep color. Book is starting to come lose from cover inside. Small lower spine tear. Tiny tips off bottom corners of both covers. Some creases in back cover. Nice, supple interior paper.

$20. (firm)

chineeseparrott1.jpg

chineeseparrott2.jpg

chineeseparrott3.jpg

SOLD!

Adventures of Bob Hope #10 1951 DC Pubs

Great GGA cover!

Spine is slightly rolled. A couple minor staple tears (not detached or loose). Just minor corner and edge wear. "Sue" wrote her name small on front cover. Everything well attached. Slightly yellowed but fresh interior paper.

$45.

bobhope1.jpg

bobhope2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Heroic #30 1945 Eastern Color Pubs

Suspenseful WWII cover. Full of WWII content and Nazis. Who says collecting GA and WWII comics need be expensive?

Small tear and discoloration on top staple. Has a long, light lower right crease. Back cover is slightly dirty and also has a long, neat corner crease. Tightly bound copy with no tears, splits or missing pieces.

$30.

heroic1.jpg

heroic2.jpg

Adventure #270 1960 DC Pubs

Another book I remember buying as a kid. The cover blew me away, I just had to know!

A sharp, clean, tight copy. Has a couple light creases that barely break color. No splits, tears, missing pieces. Flat and very tightly bound to covers. White inside pages. Nice one!

Was $45.   Now $35.

adventure1.jpg

adventure2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man