• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALE CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market...
3 3

239 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Adventures of Bob Hope #10 1951 DC Pubs

Great GGA cover!

Spine is slightly rolled. A couple minor staple tears (not detached or loose). Just minor corner and edge wear. "Sue" wrote her name small on front cover. Everything well attached. Slightly yellowed but fresh interior paper.

$45.

bobhope1.jpg

bobhope2.jpg

:takeit:

Please add this to my 'stack' as well!

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

I just need a lot less funny books at this point...:sorry:

I hear you.Went through a box or two last night and had some why the heng do I have this moments.The nephew with the bug is getting a few short boxes this birthday :cloud9:

5 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I hear you.Went through a box or two last night and had some why the heng do I have this moments.The nephew with the bug is getting a few short boxes this birthday :cloud9:

I know what you mean. I've been collecting for soooo long. I've really got to pass a lot of this on while I can. I have boxes of stuff I haven't looked at in a long time. Most have never been for sale. I have a lotta stuff I just can't part with but so much that I really won't even miss. I open a box and pull out a few, then a few more and pretty soon I have a bigger stack than I want to deal with...:roflmao:

Here's a cool one...

The Flying Saucers are Real by Donald Keyhoe 1950 Gold Medal #107

Very early accounts of encounters with flying saucers. Very fun reading. Are we alone? I really don't believe so...

Pretty, very bright color copy. Has all gloss lamination. Some light upper corner wear. Tight, square full paper spine. Looks only read once or twice.

Was $15. Now $10.

flyingsaucerspb1.jpg

flyingsaucerspb2.jpg

flyingsaucerspb3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Georgie #19 1948 Timely/Marvel Pubs

Great GGA baseball cover (right in time for spring training). A great title and one of my favorite covers in the run.

Has a small corner off bottom right of cover and a tiny chip at base of spine. Tiny chip off upper right corner. Light "sunshadow" down right side and a small color rub spot in upper middle edge of front cover. No tears or creases. Well bound copy. Nice interior pages. Don't mind keeping it...

$40.

georgie1.jpg

georgie2.jpg

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I know what you mean. I've been collecting for soooo long. I've really got to pass a lot of this on while I can. I have boxes of stuff I haven't looked at in a long time. Most have never been for sale. I have a lotta stuff I just can't part with but so much that I really won't even miss. I open a box and pull out a few, then a few more and pretty soon I have a bigger stack than I want to deal with...:roflmao:

Being so mixed I guess these come from different boxes!

World's Finest #156 1966 DC Pubs

First Bizarro Batman and Bizarro Joker. Such a great cover! Man, the Bizarro stories were and are the best of the SA to me. Loved them as a kid and still do today.

Nice color on this pretty copy. Staples are discolored. A few tiny spine nicks due to the dark cover. Flat, clean, with no tears or creases. Tightly bound copy with real nice interior paper.

$30.

worldsfinest1.jpg

worldsfinest2.jpg

SOLD!

Green Hornet #38 1948 Harvey Pubs

Kid Adonis by Simon and Kirby from Stuntman

Brilliant color! Very small, neatly taped spine top to bottom. Tape is a little wider on back side of cover. Some one did this with great care. Small, lower right corner crease. Otherwise, just the most very minor wear with no splits, pieces missing or tears. Flat and bright. Other than the repair, this is a very pretty copy with nice interior paper.

$55.

greenhornet38a.jpg

greenhornet38b.jpg

greenhornet38c.jpg

greenhornet38d.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Green Hornet #38 1948 Harvey Pubs

Kid Adonis by Simon and Kirby from Stuntman

Brilliant color! Very small, neatly taped spine top to bottom. Tape is a little wider on back side of cover. Some one did this with great care. Small, lower right corner crease. Otherwise, just the most very minor wear with no splits, pieces missing or tears. Flat and bright. Other than the repair, this is a very pretty copy with nice interior paper.

$55.

greenhornet38a.jpg

greenhornet38b.jpg

greenhornet38c.jpg

greenhornet38d.jpg

:takeit:this has a Kirby Superman parody in it that I have always wanted to read and never have. 

On 2/13/2020 at 6:32 PM, Robot Man said:

Europa by Robert Briffault 1950 Avon Paperback #272

Graphic nude whipping cover

A solid, complete copy. Has tight, full paper spine. Has a tiny amount of color loss on lower right corner. Some light creasing on both front and back covers. supple interior paper.

$20. (firm)

europa1.jpg

europa2.jpg

europa3.jpg

take

SOLD!

Wonder Woman #25 1947 DC Comics

Complete reading copy with full cover and nice color. Spine roll. Numerous small spine tears. Worst is a small one just under the bottom staple that goes through whole book. 1-1/4" right side tear in cover. Lots of just general wear. Everything well attached. Nice piiable interior paper.

$75.

wonderwoman25a.jpg

wonderwoman25b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Batman #125 1959 DC Pubs

The Secret life of Bathound with Batwoman.

Has a small chip out of bottom right corner. Has some spine wear. A small crease in lower left corner. Back cover has a small 1" upper spine split and a small stain at bottom edge. Cover and book well attached as is centerfold. Supple interior pages.

Was $40.  Now $30.

batman1.jpg

batman2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

The Winds of Fear by Hodding Carter 1950 Popular Library #300 Paperback Book

Hot, headlights cover by Belarski. Sensitive subject about racial tension in the South.

A sharp, clean copy. Spine is tight and square with full paper. Tiny upper right corner crease. Very minor wear with nice, supple interior pages.

Was $30. Now $25.

windsoffear1.jpg

windsoffear2.jpg

windsoffear3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man