• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALE CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market...
3 3

239 posts in this topic

Hi Gang! Got a fair amount of cool junk coming your way in the next few days. A few new groups I picked up, under copies and some boxes of stuff that I just didn't get ready in time for Terry's show a few weeks ago. Got a full magazine box of comics of all ages and genres. And a fair amount of "other" stuff like comic character pinbacks, toys, children's books, paperbacks and other surprises. I have listed a lot of this stuff in my threads before with no problems and don't want to get it lost in the "mixed" thread. So if anybody has a problem with this, please just let me know instead of "turning me in". Thread crapping is encouraged!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $6.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. Things other than comics and larger orders will be calculated for the most economical way. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

I will accept PayPal, checks and money orders.   

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

Edited by Robot Man

Mystic #23 1953 Atlas Pubs

Weird and creepy Russ Heath cover!

A bright, clean, complete copy. Has a bit of spine wear with numerous small creases, tears and wear at staples. Spine is slightly rolled. Minor tiny edge tears and creases. Bottom staple popped. Book and centerfold still attached to slightly yellowed, supple pages.

$75.

mystic1.jpg

mystic2.jpg

Leave it to Binky #24 1952 DC Publications

GGA and funny monkey cover!

Tight, clean, complete and bright. Has a few tiny spine nicks. a small 3/4" neat tear on right side above pop corn bag that runs in a couple of pages. A couple of very tiny chips out of back cover. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Yellowed, supple pages.

$25.

binky1.jpg

binky2.jpg

SOLD!

Dollman #36 1951 Quality Publications

Cool shark cover. Great Torchy by Ward story. Probably Crandall art as well. These later Dollmans are real sleepers!

Spine is a bit rolled and a little chippy. Cover is neatly detached from book. Numerous tiny edge tears and general wear. Bottom corner has small creases for about 1/2 the book. Could be straightened out. Supple pages.

Was $40.   Now $35.

dollman1.jpg

dollman2.jpg

dollman3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wild Western #16 1951 Atlas Publications

Cool, Black Rider cover and story.

Very bright, clean and colorful cover. Flat and complete. Light spine wear. Bottom staple is a bit tarnished and starting to separate. Just minimal wear. Well attached to off white paper.

Was $40.   Now $35.

wildwestern1.jpg

wildwestern2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Gi Joe #38 1955 Ziff Davis Pubs

Colorful and cool bondage cover! Probably the second best in the run. Also a funny Yardbirds story by Dan DeCarlo.

Cover is mostly, neatly split and nearly detached. Small chips out of top left and bottom right corners. Numerous small edge tears and creases. Small waterspot on back cover. A couple very small grease pencil marks on cover. Yellowed but supple interior paper.

$35.

gijoe1.jpg

gijoe2.jpg

SOLD!

Catman #23 1944 Et-Es Co Publications

Great Chas Quinlin WWII cover

Spine is neatly taped. A spine split a little over 2" long down from top with a tiny piece missing from top. Just a couple very tiny edge tears. No creases. Nice, off white supple interior pages. Centerfold is secure. Other than the spine problems, this presents real well with nice cover. I rarely see these anymore.

$250.

catman1.jpg

catman2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Amazing Stories Pulp 1941 Annual

Huge, thick pulp! 1" thick! Has 17 complete stories. This is a scarce monster!

Lots of small edge tears, wrinkles and creases. A small amount of tape on cover. Has full paper spine and interior pages are supple with no flaking. Hard to find these annuals anymore.

$25.

amazingpulp1.jpg

amazingpulp2.jpg

amazingpulp3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Paul Terry's Comics #122 1955 St. John Pubs

Classic "fish in the face" cover! There are only just a handful of these covers. Maybe 5 or 6 and this is a pretty good one. Tough to find.

"Funny Animal" books have been largely ignored for years. It is only a matter of time before people get wise to them. An covers like these might be "keys" in the future...

A tight, clean, bright complete copy. Has a light, thin 4" lower right corner cover crease. No tears or missing pieces. Cover and centerfold are bound well to covers and smooth, tight spine. Slightly yellowed interior pages.

Was $50.   Now $45.

paulterry1.jpg

paulterry2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Here is another in the "same vein"

Cookie #48 1948 ACG Pubs

A cool title that is also very underlooked. The ulitmate "fish in the face" cover. It also is just one of a very small handful of these that have a Morinica Dizzy Dames story. A title worth picking up for these stories and a large amount of great covers and GGA.

A tight, clean, complete copy. Has a long, thin right corner crease and tiny chip out of bottom right corner. Has two very small right side edge tears. "1954" written in ink, small at top right corner. No other tears, creases or missing pieces. Smooth spine. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Nice interior paper.

$75.

cookie1.jpg

cookie2.jpg

cookie3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Suspense #10 1951 Atlas/Marvel Pubs

Nice Russ heath story

Slightly rolled spine. Lots of tiny edge creases, wrinkles, folds and small tears. A couple of larger tears in title in upper right corner and bottom of spine. Back cover is a little dirty and has some light pencil writing. Well worn but a solid, complete reading copy with nice pages.

Was $85.   Now $75.

suspense10a.jpg

suspense10b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

Tarzan 1932 Signal Oil Premium Pinback Button

1" cello. Nice image of him. Back has very light surface rust as is common with most of these. Front is excellent with no cracks, foxing or damage.

Not something I run into much any more...

$85.

tarzanpin1.jpg

tarzanpin2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Showcase #27 1960 DC Publications

First appearance of the Sea Devils by Russ Heath. Nice greytone cover. Whole issue by Heath. Some of his finest work was on this title on my opinion.

A sharp, clean, tight, complete copy. VERY minor, light general edge wear. Back cover has very light toning at top (no brittleness). There is also a tiny lower right corner tear on back cover at lower spine. Book and centerfold well attached to book. Interior pages are slightly yellowed but real supple.

I also have the 2nd and 3rd Showcase Sea Devil appearance and a nice Sea Devils #1 coming up later.

Was $180.   Now $160.

showcase27a.jpg

showcase27b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man