• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] PCH Under Copies Redux

18 posts in this topic

Time to get rid of a few under copies.  I know this is a discerning crowd, but I'll post these here before moving to the Bay.  I’ll be listing 8 books tonight, then leaving the office for the evening, so won’t be getting back to PMs or questions probably till tonight or tomorrow morning.  But be advised, I hate selling these even if they are under copies, so don’t expect much negotiating. 

don't grade my books, but my descriptions and photos are extensive. However, although these are all lower grade, I always try to buy books with covers that are well centered and have no pieces missing, so there’s that…

Terms:
First “take” in the thread takes the book. If we work out a sale via PM, you must post a “take” in the thread. If someone posts a “take” while we’re working out a sale, the first “take” in the thread still gets the book.

Payment:
Venmo is my preferred payment method, but I will accept PayPal or checks. 
Checks must clear before shipping.
I will invoice you after the thread closes.
I must receive payment within three days of my invoice, or your order will be cancelled.
If you want me to invoice you via email- PM me.

Shipping:
Shipping is $12 USPS priority. Multiple books will be added at no extra charge.
USA shipping only, sorry no international orders.
I ship once a week, usually on Saturday.
I will contact you with a tracking number after I ship.

Returns: 
I am probably overly detailed in my descriptions so I don’t accept returns unless there’s an egregious (my judgment- but I’m a fair guy) defect that I overlooked, in which case I’ll refund your money plus shipping, but you must contact me within a week of receiving your book.  

Man, these things are hard to let go of!  No matter how many copies I have, or how low grade they may be, each one is like precious or something. 

92939968-0A2D-4E2B-9178-15CEAB315360.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Strange Mysteries #7 $225

Very nice presenting low grade book.  Love this cover.  Obvious defects: Spine has 1” top 1 1/2” bottom splits.  Interior of covers are tan, slight brittles along right edge.  Cover: flat, attached loosely. 4” fold with no color loss top right. Colors nice, blacks are still glossy. Corners: Blunting, but not too bad! Top right has some lite folds with no color loss. Edges: 1/4” tear near top right corner.  Right edge has 1/16th denting along most edge. Top and bottom pretty sharp. Minor stress lines with color loss along most spine, one 1/4 x 1/2” triangle tear below top staple, but attached. Staples pulling through cover, lower barely attached- handle with care! Staples are discolored. Back Cover: Flat, moderate tanning.  3/4 tear off lower spine split. Tears 1/16” chips and dents along left edge. Centerfold: attached, no staining around staples. Pages:  Complete, no tears. Paper: cream to tan, supple.

Strange Mysteries #7 fc.jpg

Strange Mysteries #7 bc.jpg

Strange Mysteries #7 intbc.jpg

Strange Mysteries #7 intfc.jpg

Strange Mysteries #7 cf.jpg

Strange Mysteries #7  mont.png

Edited by Black Bat

Worlds of Fear #4 $60

An exception to my never buy incomplete covers rule. The seller promised me awesome stories and art so I bought and do not regret. 
Obvious defects: well, there’s the big chunk out of the cover… and the centerfold is detached.
Top edge has tears and chips. Spine: 1/2” Split top, 1/4” bottom from corner abrasion. Top staple has tears but attacked, bottom is tight. Back cover: solid except for brittle chippy top edge. Pages: Complete Paper: Nice supple, off white with tan edges.  The interior inks are gorgeous though. Fun!

Worlds Of Fear #4 FR fc.jpg

Worlds Of Fear #4 FR bc.jpg

Worlds Of Fear #4 FR int fc.jpg

Worlds Of Fear 4.png

Edited by Black Bat

Mysterious Adventures #22 $200

Nice lower mid grade book.  Obvious defect: cover interiors are deeply tanned yet supple.  Well centered.  Light ink speckles over entire cover- printing error?   Color is nice, still retains some gloss. Edges: three tiny tears on top edge, dents (1/16”) on right edge near top (approx 1”) and bottom (approx 3”) no color loss. Corners:  All moderately blunted and abraded. 1/4” fold top right, another on bottom left with slight color loss.   Spine: 1/8 - 1/4” roll.  1/4” top split.  Very minor wear around staples.  Several stress tears 1/8 to 1/4” running down spine. Back cover:  clean and flat.  1/4” tear with 1 1/4” fold on top edge near spine. Staples:  clean and secure. Centerfold:  attached and secure. Pages:  Complete no tears. Paper: cream to off white, supple.

Mysterious Adventures #22fc.jpg

Mysterious Adventures #22bc.jpg

Mysterious Adventures #22g10.jpg

Mysterious Adventures #22g21.jpg

Mysterious Adventures #22g20.jpg

myst adv 22 mont.png

Edited by Black Bat

Tip Top #52 $125

What a cover! 
Cover barely attached, colors faded, brittle edges, centerfold detached. Deep 1/2” cut tear near TL corner. Although I have a nicer copy, I don’t mind keeping- its like letting go of the runt of the litter.  So cute!

Tip Top 52 fc.jpg

Tip Top 52 bc.jpg

Tip Top 52 int fc.jpg

Edited by Black Bat

Mysteries #11 $220 

This cover is a sleeper- and conceals some fun art and stories.

Obvious defect: Staples have started to rust and a bit of bleed is visible on centerfold. Front Cover: tightly attached, slight spine roll, flat smooth and glossy. Some printing fade issues most noticeable on the man’s jacket and the shuttered window. Very mild wear otherwise. Edges: top is sharp, right has thin denting with no color lost and minor nicks, bottom has a few thin dents with color loss on creases. Corners: TL blunted light abrasion, TR bend on tip no cl, BR tiny bend with cl, BL small blunt. Spine: several small stress creases, no splits, Back Cover: very nice, some soiling along left and bottom edge, 3/4” fold top right corner. Centerfold: tightly attached. Pages: Complete no tears. Paper: Off white and supple.

Mysteries 11 1fc.jpg

Mysteries 11 bc.jpg

Mysteries 11 cf.jpg

Mysteries 11 13 int bc.jpg

Mysteries 11 13 int fc.jpg

Mysteries 11 14.JPG

Mysteries 11 mont.png

Mysteries #9 $150
Obvious Defects: entire spine has a 3/4” stripe of discoloration/mold/water damage?  Cover is attached but very loose. Colors: Nice gloss except along spine. Edges: 1/2” tear middle bottom.  Dents dings and chips along top, right and bottom pretty good. Corners: Blunting and abrading on spine corners, 1 1/2” folds top right with color loss, One 3/4” and several less folds bottom right. Spine: 1/4” roll/lift.  Really worn covered with vert and horiz stress creases.  1/2” Staple pull tears make cover very loose. No splits other than 1/4” lower abraided corner. Staples: discolored. Several 1/4” and less tears along edges. Back Cover:  Fold bend/crease down entire length, sharp, with color loss.  Water damage bottom right corner. Centerfold:  Attached no stains. Pages: complete no tears. Paper: Off white/tan mostly supple.  

Mysteries #09 fc.jpg

Mysteries #09 bc.jpg

Mysteries #09 cf.jpg

Mysteries #09 int bc.jpg

Mysteries #09 int fc.jpg

Mysteries 9 mont.png

Web Of Evil #15 $125
Love the covers on this run.  This is a really fun book with a great cover and interior art and presents well.    Only 4 on CGC census!  Obvious Defects: 1 1/2” tear top of spine near right corner.  Repaired with tape behind cover. Tear continues throughout book, untaped. Front Cover: Attached, but barely hanging on at bottom staple- handle with care!  Well centered. Colors rich and glossy, but slightly oxidized.  Interior of covers are tan but supple. Edges: Moderate/Significant wear along all edges. Corners: All corners rounded with many creases up to 1” with color loss. Spine: No roll. 1/2” split top and bottom. Back cover: 1 1/2” tear. Staples light rust, no page bleeding. Centerfold: attached securely. Paper off-white to tan and supple.

Web Of Evil 15 fc.jpg

Web Of Evil 15 bc.jpg

Web Of Evil 15 cf.jpg

Web Of Evil 15 int bc.jpg

Web Of Evil 15 int fc.jpg

Web Of Evil 15 mont.png

Eerie #9 $175 SOLD

Obvious defects: 3” lower spine split, ½” top. Low grade book that presents well. Cover: flat and centered. Moderate scuffing foxing and denting. Color: nice color, mostly glossy. 4” crease bottom right. Edges: several chips, dents and tears, largest tear 1/2” bottom right corner. Corners: rounded and abraded. Upper right corner has 3” and 3/4” creases. Spine: 1/2” split top, 3” bottom. Many stress creases. Back Cover: flat, moderate oxidizing. 3/4” tear near top staple. Staples: no rust. Centerfold: attached. Pages: complete no tears. Paper: Off white, supple.

Eerie #9 1.5fc.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5bc.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5g6.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5g8.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5g12.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5g15.jpg

eerie9 mont.png

Edited by Black Bat

17 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Eerie #9 $175

This possible my favorite cover of the run- so hard to sell!!!
Obvious defects: 3” lower spine split, ½” top. Low grade book that presents well. Cover: flat and centered. Moderate scuffing foxing and denting. Color: nice color, mostly glossy. 4” crease bottom right. Edges: several chips, dents and tears, largest tear 1/2” bottom right corner. Corners: rounded and abraded. Upper right corner has 3” and 3/4” creases. Spine: 1/2” split top, 3” bottom. Many stress creases. Back Cover: flat, moderate oxidizing. 3/4” tear near top staple. Staples: no rust. Centerfold: attached. Pages: complete no tears. Paper: Off white, supple.

Eerie #9 1.5fc.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5bc.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5g6.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5g8.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5g12.jpg

Eerie #9 1.5g15.jpg

eerie9 mont.png

Take per pm.  Thanks Frank!