• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next comic book series i should start going for

20 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I'm looking for a new comic series to collect for bronze age so far I've got Mainly every Howard the duck, Werewolf by night and Moon knight im now looking for a new comic series to collect I don't read the comics I just collect them if I want to read them I buy the big paper back books I've been thinking of either doing Tomb of Dracula, Sub-Mariner or Ghost rider.

I've got quite a few Sub Mariner comics but there mainly silver age and I got the Silver age Western Ghost Rider comics do you guys think I should start collecting there bronze age comics or would you recommend a different series for just collecting? 

Tomb of Dracula is a great run to put together, although some of the earlier issues (#10 particularly) can be pricey. Don't forget the GIANT-SIZE issues, and the magazines--Tomb of Dracula and Dracula Lives! too.

Man-Thing and Frankenstein are a couple of decent runs to look into. Frankenstein is an easy 18 issues. Man-Thing however is more of a challenge with several volumes, GIANT-SIZE issues, and early appearances in FEAR, Astonishing Tales, and Savage Tales #1 ($$$). Both creatures had antics in the magazine Monsters Unleashed as well.

All of the above are great reads.

The Silver Age Ghost Rider was reprinted in the 70s as Night Rider. The Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is completely different, and also a good title to collect. Don't forget the early (and pricey) Marvel Spotlight run.

13 hours ago, boppy99 said:

Tomb of Dracula is a great run to put together, although some of the earlier issues (#10 particularly) can be pricey. Don't forget the GIANT-SIZE issues, and the magazines--Tomb of Dracula and Dracula Lives! too.

Man-Thing and Frankenstein are a couple of decent runs to look into. Frankenstein is an easy 18 issues. Man-Thing however is more of a challenge with several volumes, GIANT-SIZE issues, and early appearances in FEAR, Astonishing Tales, and Savage Tales #1 ($$$). Both creatures had antics in the magazine Monsters Unleashed as well.

All of the above are great reads.

The Silver Age Ghost Rider was reprinted in the 70s as Night Rider. The Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is completely different, and also a good title to collect. Don't forget the early (and pricey) Marvel Spotlight run.

Alright thank you! You also reminded me I gotta grab the Howard the Duck magazines also 

So much to choose from. I would recommend the following because they have a pretty decent run or has potential in the long run. Of course this is just my opinion:

SPIDER-WOMAN

MACHINE MAN

RAGMAN

OMEGA THE UNKNOWN

SKULL THE SLAYER

AMETHYST, PRINCESS OF GEM WORLD

SHAZAM

THE MICRONAUTS

G.I JOE

6 hours ago, APDallas said:

So much to choose from. I would recommend the following because they have a pretty decent run or has potential in the long run. Of course this is just my opinion:

SPIDER-WOMAN

MACHINE MAN

RAGMAN

OMEGA THE UNKNOWN

SKULL THE SLAYER

AMETHYST, PRINCESS OF GEM WORLD

SHAZAM

THE MICRONAUTS

G.I JOE

I’m mainly marvel but I got a couple of Shazam’s so I’m thinking of doing the silver age for him and then maybe I’ll do spider woman at some time in the future 

5 hours ago, Blackmassangel said:
8 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

Deathlok stuff is pretty cool and not too expensive.  As a character he was way ahead of his time for the period.

Thank you but that’s not a Bronze Age comic but I’ll think about it if I want a cheap comic run (thumbsu

He means the Deathlok run in Astonishing Tales 25-28, 30-36

Edited by Jeffro.

21 hours ago, MisterX said:

Do you collect slabbed or raw? What's your preferred grade? 

Are you collecting for fun, or are you hoping to sell later for a profit?

I collect raw. I want to read them for some reason. I avoid slabbed unless I intend to sell them.

17 hours ago, Blackmassangel said:

Collecting and then sell probably later on in the years when I get older 

Okay...well, I'd suggest any 70s Kirby stuff. The first issues/appearances are not cheap anymore thanks to the movie speculators, but most of the rest of the runs are great, affordable books, especially if you're not too concerned about ultra-high grade books. Kirby did books for both Marvel and DC during the Bronze Age. 

New Gods, Mister Miracle, Demon, Kamandi, Eternals, Devil Dinosaur (thumbsu

41 minutes ago, MisterX said:

Okay...well, I'd suggest any 70s Kirby stuff. The first issues/appearances are not cheap anymore thanks to the movie speculators, but most of the rest of the runs are great, affordable books, especially if you're not too concerned about ultra-high grade books. Kirby did books for both Marvel and DC during the Bronze Age. 

New Gods, Mister Miracle, Demon, Kamandi, Eternals, Devil Dinosaur (thumbsu

Thank you for the recommendation I’ll check it out