• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Married pages

75 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

You, sir, have inspired me to give this a try with one or two books that I'd love to have in my collection but am not in a hurry to drop huge sums on (yet). I couldn’t imagine how much time it would take but being retired, I literally have nothing better to do so devoting a little time to a quest I may never complete sounds like a task worth starting.

The CFs are the toughest things to find (and usually the most expensive).  Although I have to say finding the back cover to Superman 1 is nearly impossible!!!  I did it though, and it only cost me about $12,000 :cry:

Everyone is looking for a CF for Cap 1 so there's a lot of competition out there.

Edited by gadzukes

4 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

The CFs are the toughest things to find (and usually the most expensive).  Although I have to say finding the back cover to Superman 1 is nearly impossible!!!  I did it though, and it only cost me about $12,000 :cry:

Everyone is looking for a CF for Cap 1 so there's a lot of competition out there.

Good to know. Luckily (?) I’m not trying to find anything dating back to the 30s or 40s just yet. I can’t imagine how few of those pieces still exist. I think I’ll start with one or two from the 60s although I did place an ad in the wtb section for a 50s horror book but it may be too obscure...dipping my toe in the pond before setting the whole foot

Auctions like this help you complete comics.  I was the underbidder on this one.  I just couldn't see going any higher.  But there were some great covers there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Comic-Book-Covers-Golden-Era/193333355012?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by gadzukes

So I gotta ask... 

I'm working on finding a back cover to Tec 26. The good news is, the 4 titles DC released in April 1939 have the same back cover. 

But let's say I find an incomplete More Fun 42, do I actually remove the back cover? Or do you guys wait to find "just a back cover". 

The idea of taking apart an 81 year old comic book feels sacrilegious. I really hope to find just a back cover or a split cover. 

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

So I gotta ask... 

I'm working on finding a back cover to Tec 26. The good news is, the 4 titles DC released in April 1939 have the same back cover. 

But let's say I find an incomplete More Fun 42, do I actually remove the back cover? Or do you guys wait to find "just a back cover". 

The idea of taking apart an 81 year old comic book feels sacrilegious. I really hope to find just a back cover or a split cover. 

:gossip: you find whichever of the 4 other titles is cheapest and remove the back cover.... but don't tell anyone you're doing it, lol.  It's really hard to find "just a back cover".

Yes, it's slightly sacrilegious, but...... you get a complete Tec 26.:headbang:

Edited by gadzukes

29 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

:gossip: you find whichever of the 4 other titles is cheapest and remove the back cover.... but don't tell anyone you're doing it, lol.  It's really hard to find "just a back cover".

Yes, it's slightly sacrilegious, but...... you get a complete Tec 26.:headbang:

That's kind of what I thought lol. 

I guess the good news is, I can sell remaining parts and someone else can advance their journey. 

8 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

That's kind of what I thought lol. 

I guess the good news is, I can sell remaining parts and someone else can advance their journey. 

Or find an incomplete copy of detective 26 and swap your interior. What shape is your front cover in?