• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Signature Auctions

39 posts in this topic

I've noticed that also - the frequency increasing in 2020 at Heritage.

Next three Heritage Signature auction dates:

March 5 - 8 Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction - Dallas 7224

April 30 - May 2 Comics Signature Auction - Dallas 7229

July 9 - 11 Comics Signature Auction - Dallas 7231

Also, the split of the weekly auctions to two days - Sunday/Monday.

It is amazing how Heritage, ComicConnect and Comiclink are pumping out auctions in 2020 at an incredible rate! Back in the 1990s, the two main auction houses doing comic auctions (Sotheby's and Christie's East) were only doing one auction each per year.

One has to wonder about the flooding of the market and sustainability.

2 hours ago, DanCooper said:

I've noticed that also - the frequency increasing in 2020 at Heritage.

Next three Heritage Signature auction dates:

March 5 - 8 Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction - Dallas 7224

April 30 - May 2 Comics Signature Auction - Dallas 7229

July 9 - 11 Comics Signature Auction - Dallas 7231

Also, the split of the weekly auctions to two days - Sunday/Monday.

It is amazing how Heritage, ComicConnect and Comiclink are pumping out auctions in 2020 at an incredible rate! Back in the 1990s, the two main auction houses doing comic auctions (Sotheby's and Christie's East) were only doing one auction each per year.

One has to wonder about the flooding of the market and sustainability.

Heritage's auctions can really drag out.  I would imagine this is to increase exposure to some of the later items.  

If you look at the volume of 1350 lots the number is low...it is 1500 plus...so until they catch up...the number of auctions might mean more material minus the size. There is no doubt in my mind that Ha/CC will someday either merge or share the same platform since Ha's is so much superior. 

12 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Ha/CC will someday either merge or share the same platform since Ha's is so much superior. 

There is no doubt in my mind that this will never happen.

13 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

There is no doubt in my mind that this will never happen.

I can remember XM Radio vs Sirius..they were big time rivals. both going on forever in war..and then BINGO.....$$$$ became a issue. At some point since Ha is a billion dollar company..its platform is going to dominate even greater...I see if calm minds going for the most effective $$$$..something down the line is gonna happen not a buy-out but some time of sharing. Same with the CGC and the other guy...look for industry consolidation at some point in the future.

26 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I can remember XM Radio vs Sirius..they were big time rivals. both going on forever in war..and then BINGO.....$$$$ became a issue. At some point since Ha is a billion dollar company..its platform is going to dominate even greater...I see if calm minds going for the most effective $$$$..something down the line is gonna happen not a buy-out but some time of sharing. Same with the CGC and the other guy...look for industry consolidation at some point in the future.

Fishler has more pride than either XM, Sirius, or Heritage.

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:

Fishler has more pride than either XM, Sirius, or Heritage.

Maybe a CL or smaller firms uses the platform first..either way it is gonna take time, HA is attempting to get a bigger share of the market by adding additional auctions...time will tell

6 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Maybe a CL or smaller firms uses the platform first..either way it is gonna take time, HA is attempting to get a bigger share of the market by adding additional auctions...time will tell

I was always curious if you had any concept of how business works.

Comiclink can't possible afford to pay for Heritage's platform, and Heritage is never, ever, ever going to just give it away for altruistic reasons. 

Edited by MrBedrock

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Comiclink can't possible afford to pay for Heritage's platform, and Heritage is never, ever, ever going to just give it away for altruistic reasons. 

If you give me your books it would benefit your business.  I promise to speak kindly of you to anyone who asks. 

1 minute ago, buttock said:

If you give me your books it would benefit your business.  I promise to speak kindly of you to anyone who asks. 

How kindly?

9 minutes ago, buttock said:

Generally positive.  Not effusive.  It wouldn't seem genuine if I was too nice. 

"Great guy, other than... well let's not get into that."

Can't do it. Sorry. I was looking for grovelingly nice.

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

They do not buy the platform, they pay a user fee or a % of the auction results. I am talking about the next generational platform...which will separate the Men from the Boys. You never know...but the next Gen stuff is going to be mind-blowing

6 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

They do not buy the platform, they pay a user fee or a % of the auction results. I am talking about the next generational platform...which will separate the Men from the Boys. You never know...but the next Gen stuff is going to be mind-blowing

CL can't upgrade to a platform from last decade, how would they ever work with a next generational one?