• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Signature Auctions

39 posts in this topic

With higher buyer premiums, state, local, first born taxes, irreconcilable bidding platforms and juiced scans it’s nice to know that a long tradition of comic conventions and dealer walls can still provide a viable sanctuary for collectors.

32 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

With higher buyer premiums, state, local, first born taxes, irreconcilable bidding platforms and juiced scans it’s nice to know that a long tradition of comic conventions and dealer walls can still provide a viable sanctuary for collectors.

I get a third born discount :banana:

Another thing I've noticed is that HA has started putting "Signature Auction quality" books in their weekly auctions.

For example, this Sunday there is a CGC Universal 3.0 copy of Archie #1:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/archie-comics-1-archie-1942-cgc-gd-vg-30-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122007-15078.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

The following week, there is a 9.0 copy of GGA classic Torchy #5:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/torchy-5-quality-1950-cgc-vf-nm-90-off-white-pages/p/122008-112006.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

And the week after that, the highest graded copy of Batman #1 (9.6, Universal):

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/p/122009-47006.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

:whatthe:

On 2/11/2020 at 1:18 AM, Black Bat said:

I'll always go the the sight without the 20% buyers premium first, especially since everyone has to charge sales tax now (10% in California).  That's a significant above bid chunk.

I'm just going to look at all the sites and get really salty when the books I want creep out of my financial reach a week before the auction technically starts.

7 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Another thing I've noticed is that HA has started putting "Signature Auction quality" books in their weekly auctions.

For example, this Sunday there is a CGC Universal 3.0 copy of Archie #1:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/archie-comics-1-archie-1942-cgc-gd-vg-30-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122007-15078.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

The following week, there is a 9.0 copy of GGA classic Torchy #5:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/torchy-5-quality-1950-cgc-vf-nm-90-off-white-pages/p/122008-112006.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

And the week after that, the highest graded copy of Batman #1 (9.6, Universal):

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/p/122009-47006.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

:whatthe:

Must curious to see a scan of this :flipbait:

10 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

It has to be a mislabeling

Census is still showing 9.2 highest for Bat 1

If this Signature Auction is any indication, Heritage is already stretched.  There is a LOT of dreck in this auction.  There were various periods of scrolling that I felt like I was in one of their Sunday auctions.

And lots of video games, which at least was good in that I could just scroll through real fast through those section.

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

If this Signature Auction is any indication, Heritage is already stretched.  There is a LOT of dreck in this auction.  There were various periods of scrolling that I felt like I was in one of their Sunday auctions.

And lots of video games, which at least was good in that I could just scroll through real fast through those section.

This one has more stuff I would be interested in if I was rich than the previous several auctions. 

3 hours ago, tth2 said:

ha!  I do the opposite, scroll past the comics and look at the games.   for the most part.   Steady with video game consignments (and quality is up) but much less MTG this time around.

Edited by Bronty

On 2/10/2020 at 7:31 PM, szav said:
On 2/10/2020 at 4:17 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I just noticed that Heritage Signature comic auctions have gone from quarterly to bi-monthly. :whatthe:

Good!  That somewhat makes up for CCs disappearance... do those guys even want to stay in business anymore?

Well, I guess that's because Fishler went cheap and was only willing to pay X amount of dollars to the IT company to revamp their Metro and CC websites for a more positive customer experience.  hm

Which then left an opening for Heritage to come in and offer to pay 2X or possibly even 3X times the amount of money to the same IT company to "re-revamp" the Metro and CC websites to ensure a much more negative customer experience. lol

On 2/13/2020 at 5:44 AM, tth2 said:

On 2/13/2020 at 9:46 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

This auction is definitely light on the Golden Age, but I'm assuming that's because they're going to start having signature auctions more often. hm(shrug)

+2

Definitely on the light side as compared to their recent previous auctions as I found very few GA books to even bother putting in a tracking bid on. :frown: (shrug)