My first twice up...my first Kirby .. and it is X-men!
2 2

17 posts in this topic

1,876 posts

Great page! I also scored my first Kirby and first twice-up recently ... and also from Grant's collection! (stay tuned)

1,459 posts
47 minutes ago, dirtymartini1 said:

So global warming is a myth. It's really just Cyclops melting the polar ice caps! I knew it.

Apparently... if only Stan had thought of weather proof costumes by this time....

1,459 posts
2 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

That's a very old version of Stan's signature.

I thought it looked different then the ones you see all over the place now.. I wonder if it was signed when it was done in the 60s?

1,732 posts
51 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I thought it looked different then the ones you see all over the place now.. I wonder if it was signed when it was done in the 60s?

Do you know the history of the page?

Stan did go through a long period where he'd sign and then add the year.  For example "Stan Lee '87".

Not too sure when he started this phase or when he ended it but during the "date/signature" phase and after it, the "Stan Lee" portion doesn't change - so your signature would seem to pre-date the "signature/year" phase.

2,109 posts

Very, very cool.  Now I'm curious in which issue Cyclops' "ruby tinted glasses, not the visor" first appeared.

Also love to see his "purer," budding leader stage.  That is... eons before this showdown:

1,459 posts
13 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Do you know the history of the page?

Not much other then it changed hands a couple times over the last 2 years via heritage... I was actually hoping someone around here might no more.