• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver (BC) Comic & Toy Show Sun. March 1, 2020, Pacific National Exhibition, over 200 dealer's tables, Canada
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Over 200 x 8' dealers tables sold out for Vancouver Comic and Toy Show at the PNE Forum building at corner of 2901 E. Hastings Street and Renfrew St. in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada. Over 22,000 square feet of pop culture fun at a comic-centric show. Giant door prizes of $100 x 3 and $50 gift certificates x 3 so fan/collectors can buy even more comics and toys. Admission $12, convention hours 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., some free street parking else parking lot is $13. ATM and food trucks will be available plus a small cafe in Forum. A wide variety of vintage comics, mags, action figures, statues, and trade paper backs will be available:

GmVhyAJ.jpg

Independent press guests and map available on Facebook and at Vancouver Comic Show updates

More enjoyable than the Harlequin: Birds of Prey movie. Hope to see you all there!

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

* bump* Time to start bagging and boarding, as the Vancouver Comic Show is this weekend Sunday March 1, 2020. See you all there at the PNE! I will try to mix it up by bringing some Illustration (UK) art mags and artwork.

Qwqjd4h.jpg

If anyone may be interested in a comic book Meet Up like Comics and Craft in Seattle suburb, I have found an economical room to rent in a decent location next to skytrain. Looking at a tentative date of Sat. April 18, 2020 in the Vancouver suburbs. Has a cafe and Starbuck's downstairs, FREE parking, most likely free vendor small tables, free admission. Please let me know your opinion at the Vancouver Comic Show or tell/pmail me that I am nuts to try to set up 'Safeway mini-con' meet up:

ntQIDLI.jpg

final bump *. Sunshine so see you all at the PNE Forum March 1, 2020.

Also let me know if you have an interest in a comic book Meet Up for collectors (rather than specs) next to a Vancouver suburban skytrain station. I can arrange one for an upcoming Saturday. Pic of the foyer in front of the board room I can rent at a low rate:

25eP5iH.jpg

Crowded as usual at the con. Seemed to be more families than before. My retail sales lower than previous Vancouver Comic Show due to strong competition from 3 newer out of town comic vendors with significant 1950s and 1960s comics, romance comics, more CGC slabs, raw SA keys, and good stuff in their $5 bins.

Seemed like a bit of everything was selling. Sold ASM original art panel page with Peter Parker and Mary Jane, Avengers #4 raw, Avengers #58 vf, mix of SA ASM, Madman Adventures and Miller DD. Consistent sellers at every con I do were Spider Woman #1 and Micronauts #1, early Powergirl and Zatanna appearances so even DC and 1950s Disneys selling well.

Was a feeding frenzy at Ferd's tables, and he was surprised when I told him the front doors have not even opened yet. Bought a 2nd higher grade Cgc copy of Frazetta 'Personal Love' comic I have been looking for for over 12 years, as too lazy to bid on HA.com.

Had 2 collectors complain that this PNE show should be expanded to 2 days, as 1 of them had driven in from Penticton, BC and did not have enough time to dig through all the long boxes for good deals to fill :idea: his want list. He said the vibe of this Show was better than Fan Expo about 2 weeks ago due to the diversity of comic/toy vendors and depth of inventories.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:21 PM, aardvark88 said:

If anyone may be interested in a comic book Meet Up like Comics and Craft in Seattle suburb, I have found an economical room to rent in a decent location next to skytrain. Looking at a tentative date of Sat. April 18, 2020 in the Vancouver suburbs. Has a cafe and Starbuck's downstairs, FREE parking, most likely free vendor small tables, free admission. Please let me know your opinion at the Vancouver Comic Show or tell/pmail me that I am nuts to try to set up 'Safeway mini-con' meet up:

ntQIDLI.jpg

That would be great to do that.  I can tell you that many of my friends and myself had used the same location once for our monthly social night. Not sure if there is more than one room where I was in, but this room was enough for us comfortable.

Do keep us on the update and I would like be in it. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Do keep us on the update and I would like be in it. Thanks.

Will do. Perhaps you could have your buddy Adrian C. translate or just hit the English sub-titles link, as Van Comic Show was promoted on Fairchild TV in Mandarin and Guangdong-wah VCS promo on Chinese TV news

Next Show will be Sunday June 28, 2020. See you all there. Promoter Evan C. said no plans to expand to a 2 day con at the PNE ... yet.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:29 PM, aardvark88 said:

Was a feeding frenzy at Ferd's tables, and he was surprised when I told him the front doors have not even opened yet. Bought a 2nd higher grade Cgc copy of Frazetta 'Personal Love' comic I have been looking for for over 12 years, as too lazy to bid on HA.com.

Congrats on finally be able to pick up the Frazetta copy of Personal Love that you've been hunting down for so long.  :applause:

I guess all of the vendors must have picked all of the good stuff before the doors were even opened to the public then.  By the time I got around to his table, there really wasn't much left there for the late comers like me.  :frown:

Definitely nothing like the HG Overstreet copies for one of the Phantom Lady's and Seven Seas that he had a couple of summers ago.  :luhv:

On 3/3/2020 at 11:27 AM, lou_fine said:

:applause:I guess all of the vendors must have picked all of the good stuff before the doors were even opened to the public then.  By the time I got around to his (Ferd) table, there really wasn't much left there for the late comers like me.  :frown:  :luhv:

I imagine you, like Franky, missed his better CGC'd box on the floor behind the table for elite collectors. I told Franky, and he and his wife hussled back to Ferd's table to ask to view the good stuff (mix of Baker romance and other vintage slabs).

Pics from March 1/20 Van Comic Show where there was NO coronavirus: Van Comic & Toy Show crowds

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

I imagine you, like Franky, missed his better CGC'd box on the floor behind the table for elite collectors. I told Franky, and he and his wife hussled back to Ferd's table to ask to view the good stuff (mix of Baker romance and other vintage slabs).

No, I did see both of those boxes with the CGC books which were comprised of quite a few Baker romance slabs as you said.  Took a long look at one of the Pictorial Romance books which appeared to be undergraded, but passed on it as pretty much all of them were at multiples to guide. 

Being the El Cheapo guy that I am, it would have to be either a very special book or I that I really wanted before I am willing to pay either a huge premium or multiples of guide for.  

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Pics from March 1/20 Van Comic Show where there was NO coronavirus: Van Comic & Toy Show crowds

How sure are you about this since the incubation time period for this virus is up to 14 days and you are only on Day 5 right now.  :gossip:

I certainly hope you have put yourself into self-quarantine for this suggested 14-day time period after putting yourself in such a precarious situation.  :baiting:  lol

Edited by lou_fine