PGM ASM 14
2 2

72 posts in this topic

196 posts
13 minutes ago, timfinz said:

5.0 IMHO! less 4.5 for the missing pages

Aye.  But what about value..?  Whatever you can get for it I guess..?  But by grade almost nothing.  Actually it could probably be broken up and sold as wraps for replacements on other copies..?  I won't do that on this one though.

196 posts
17 minutes ago, timfinz said:

5.0 IMHO! less 4.5 for the missing pages

Do you think clean and press will bump it up 0.5..?

5,729 posts
Just now, mike devon said:

Do you think clean and press will bump it up 0.5..?

LOL Nope! 

196 posts
1 minute ago, timfinz said:

LOL Nope! 

Fair dos cheers.  Big spread of opinions on this one from 4.0 to 5.5 with a press.  That's a big difference.

5,729 posts
3 minutes ago, mike devon said:

Fair dos cheers.  Big spread of opinions on this one from 4.0 to 5.5 with a press.  That's a big difference.

With a press you might get somewhere in that grade spread with a Green label. I don't think you'll get any where with a press on a blue label. But that is only my opinion.

196 posts
4 hours ago, timfinz said:

With a press you might get somewhere in that grade spread with a Green label. I don't think you'll get any where with a press on a blue label. But that is only my opinion.

Yeah - blue label = 0.5

135 posts
On 2/14/2020 at 9:16 AM, mike devon said:

They aren't my pics Harry I just bought it.  They are the sellers pics.

This in fact has a page missing.  Its an ad page  - that's why I was asking about it.  I have to decide how to deal with it.  As the staples are both still on the other half of the wrap I might see about marrying the page - it would have to be glued on using conservator techniques.

Blue label .5

green label 5.0 

196 posts
7 minutes ago, mrd160 said:

Blue label .5

green label 5.0 

Thanks - I must say 5 with a page missing seems quite high..?  Not complaining though.

1,400 posts

I mean if a page is missing I don’t care what people think it’s worth. To me it’s not worth having and that missing page would always bother me. I would take a 1.8 complete over a 5.0 missing a page. 

196 posts
1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

I mean if a page is missing I don’t care what people think it’s worth. To me it’s not worth having and that missing page would always bother me. I would take a 1.8 complete over a 5.0 missing a page. 

Sure.  Its for someone who wants to fill a gap with fairly smart copy but can't afford £1500 or whatever.