• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question? I need help.

3 posts in this topic

So I recently sent in a comic to CGC and it was apparently signed by “Marv Wolfman” before I bought it. I got my grader notes back and it’s says in the comment section that “ marv wolfman was written on the cover in marker.” Does that mean it was a fake signature? Or did I submit the comic wrong?

34 minutes ago, Dylan96 said:

So I recently sent in a comic to CGC and it was apparently signed by “Marv Wolfman” before I bought it. I got my grader notes back and it’s says in the comment section that “ marv wolfman was written on the cover in marker.” Does that mean it was a fake signature? Or did I submit the comic wrong?

Hello & Welcome to the Boards!

It just means that CGC didn't witness the signature. If you want a Signature Series label, a CGC witness must be present at the signing.

This should help:

Of course read the link in the post above in the previous post, that will give you the most background and information.

But here's the short answer to your questions, devoid of context:

Your signature is not necessarily fake.  If you want the signature authenticated by an expert, you should consider sending the comic to a company that authenticates signatures.  CGC does not provide that service. 

You may or may not have submitted your comic wrong, but maybe not in the way you think....like it sounds more like you submitted to the wrong company as opposed to filling out the paperwork wrongly.