• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth pressing/cleaning this FF#1

30 posts in this topic

This is a photo of an FF1 just prior to having it graded a week ago. It was a raw book I had put away for 20 years. I purchased it originally in a Fortress and that’s how it was stored. It graded out as a 7.0 with white/owl pages. I didn’t have any pressing or cleaning done. Would appreciate some of you to weigh in on if it was you, would you resubmit it with pressing and cleaning? 

B26FB4DC-37A0-4F80-8E1E-744097559542.jpeg

10 hours ago, fishpaul said:

This is a photo of an FF1 just prior to having it graded a week ago. It was a raw book I had put away for 20 years. I purchased it originally in a Fortress and that’s how it was stored. It graded out as a 7.0 with white/owl pages. I didn’t have any pressing or cleaning done. Would appreciate some of you to weigh in on if it was you, would you resubmit it with pressing and cleaning? 

B26FB4DC-37A0-4F80-8E1E-744097559542.jpeg

A back scan and graders notes would help get a better answer

44 minutes ago, faster friends said:

Also could pop a staple and go down.

Hence, get the "right professional" who knows how to assess a book properly prior to work being done instead 

of Facebook advice of "give it a bath and have an elephant sit on it" 

The book is really nice! congrats! looking close at the color breaks , tanning and the back cover i would not think it could get a 8.5.  I think a 7.5 could be possible looking at it quickly, not in hand. just an opinion. congrats again!

Edited by paul747