• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth pressing/cleaning this FF#1

30 posts in this topic

its a great book I would press and clean before you sell.. but for now I would of just kept it safe in the slab as to make sure I wouldn't damage it by accident... I recommend mylar and acid free boards to store it until you're ready to sell.

Congrats on a great book.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:49 PM, KCOComics said:

I would send it to CCS. Let them handle it, but I would think with those notes a press would be helpful. 

I would NOT send it it CCS. 

But I would have it pressed. 

Not sure if you know of or heard of Susan Ciccone of the Restoration Lab, but I spoke to her recently. Sent her pictures, and graders notes from CGC. 

She said that theirs always a potential risk that even after pressing and cleaning, that CGC will recognize the book and grade it the same even after pressing. She also said theirs a risk the book could get damaged in the process, and transportation to CGC after. I’ve been told she is one of the best. Am I just being greedy and it could bite me in the ?

tom

1 minute ago, fishpaul said:

Not sure if you know of or heard of Susan Ciccone of the Restoration Lab, but I spoke to her recently. Sent her pictures, and graders notes from CGC. 

She said that theirs always a potential risk that even after pressing and cleaning, that CGC will recognize the book and grade it the same even after pressing. She also said theirs a risk the book could get damaged in the process, and transportation to CGC after. I’ve been told she is one of the best. Am I just being greedy and it could bite me in the ?

tom

The only guarantees in life are death and taxes. 2c

59 minutes ago, fishpaul said:

Thank you, really appreciate your guidance and concern. I always respect good advice, and sensible commentary. Nice to have people like you on this board. 

sincerely,

Tom

also make sure storage conditions are correct, keep away from light, heat and potential water.. in a climate controlled environment with decent/stable humidity and should be A-ok. (thumbsu

30 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The only guarantees in life are death and taxes. 2c

I agree 100% on the death part, but the taxes part can be debatable as so many don't pay taxes.. but that's another topic, with another issue, with political and economic influences, where this is not a proper venue to discuss it on the CGC boards..

6 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I agree 100% on the death part, but the taxes part can be debatable as so many don't pay taxes.. but that's another topic, with another issue, with political and economic influences, where this is not a proper venue to discuss it on the CGC boards..

That's how some of the biggest criminals have been caught.